Infusion question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathymzr

Reaction score
This is probably a really stupid question, but I have ask. I put some turmeric in sunflower oil about 2 months ago. Now I’d like to use the oil. Do I strain the turmeric out first so the turmeric won’t be in the soap to turn brown?

Also, I want to infuse Comfry powder in Tammany oil. The oil is green, as is the Comfry powder. Should I also strain out the Comfry powder before using the oil?

Will Comfry powder turn brown if left in the oil?

Why is it that Coconut powder doesn’t turn brown? Would Coconut flakes turn brown?

I’m so confused about infused!

Do I strain the turmeric out first so the turmeric won’t be in the soap to turn brown?

The turmeric shouldn't turn brown, but it might feel scratchy. The beautiful color you get from the turmeric will fade after a while. I haven't used it in so long, though, I can't remember how long it took. It starts out a bright orange and then fades to a nice sandy color.

If the powder has settled to the bottom, you can just pour the oil off the top.
Thanks! For some reason the Tamanu oil was changed by the word processor. Tamanu oil. I guess Comfry powder,then, would be the same as turmeric. Thanks again!

What is the maximum amount of turmeric one can use per pound of oil (ppo) without staining fair skin? Saw a YTer soaper use 2 tbsp ppo turmeric but never addressed the matter of staining. I'm thinking of using 2.5 tbsp because my source might be adding in fillers, maybe rice or starch (??).

BTW, The colour does certainly fade. Had the idea of adding a little annatto powder as a natural dye to make the colour more long lasting.

What is the maximum amount of turmeric one can use per pound of oil (ppo) without staining fair skin? Saw a YTer soaper use 2 tbsp ppo turmeric but never addressed the matter of staining. I'm thinking of using 2.5 tbsp because my source might be adding in fillers, maybe rice or starch (??).

BTW, The colour does certainly fade. Had the idea of adding a little annatto powder as a natural dye to make the colour more long lasting.

I use a concoction that includes turmeric in it to treat pimples anywhere they may occur (face, etc) and have not found that it stains my skin. Of course the amount used is pretty minimal but it remains on the skin after mixed with water to create a paste. I leave it on to dry and wash it off later. Sometimes it stays on until it just wears off. It has never stained my skin.

But soap isn't left on the skin, so I don't think you will run into any skin-staining with turmeric in soap.

Latest posts

Back