Infusing Oil with Paprika

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiscellaneousSoaper12

Reaction score
Looking online I saw this article on blog.thesage.com where the poster infused sweet almond oil with paprika powder by putting it in the microwave for a minute, then letting it sit overnight. Is this an effective way to infuse soap? I wanted to try making a nice orangey soap tomorrow with this method (except using olive oil instead)! TIA

infused sweet almond oil with paprika powder by putting it in the microwave for a minute, then letting it sit overnight. Is this an effective way to infuse soap?
Cool! :cool: The color of the soap shows how effective that method is. I'm impressed.

I prefer infusing natural colorants into warm oil range top but I've never used the microwave to do it. Makes sense to me. Also, I would recommend pouring through a filter -- as she does -- any powders, no matter how fine, can end up a bit scratchy. No problem if that works for you. And the speckles are nice touch too. ;):thumbs:

Paprika works really well - I recommend infusing it in oil in a crockpot with water on very low heat and the using the oil as the oils in your recipe. Longer is better. Definitely strain to keep out particles imo - I use paint filters but you could strain through cheesecloth.
you can get beautiful orange reds from paprika.

Back