Infusing Oil for Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGecko

Reaction score
I see a lot of folks using 'infused' oil in soap making and I'm wondering if there is an actual market for them.

As an example...I make a line of Goat Milk Soaps; scented, but uncolored. So I was wondering if it would be worth making a line of 'infused oil' soap...uncolored and unscented.

There is a market for that, but it's very small in terms of the general population. I'm guessing you probably already know that. ☺ Fragrance sells.

That’s kind of what I thought, but I have a bunch of calendula flowers and chamomile powder powder that I really don’t know what else to do with it.

I have a bunch of calendula flowers
Infusing calendula flowers in olive oil makes ZNSC soap all the more soothing for babies and sensitive skin and adds a lovely color. ;)

chamomile powder
I add it along with lavender powder to make a lightly scented soothing body powder.

I'll have to dig around my files to come up with a Baby Shower Gift basket I used to make that included Calendula Castile, Scented Baby Powder, Baby Bum Balm and a few other little things. The last time i made it, I gave it to our niece who was going to a shower for her first grandchild. She actually stole the baby bum balm because it worked on her cracked cuticles!!! 😂
You could say the set isn't just for babies! :nodding:

Infusing calendula flowers in olive oil makes ZNSC soap all the more soothing for babies and sensitive skin and adds a lovely color. ;)

While I'm sure my Regular Soap would be appropriate for babies and that it has been a lot of years since my babies were babies, I still remember buying Johnson's Baby Soap and Dreft Laundry Soap and using it for the first year. I've been wanting to make a 'baby' soap 'cuz that stuff sells. LOL

That’s kind of what I thought, but I have a bunch of calendula flowers and chamomile powder powder that I really don’t know what else to do with it.
I believe that soaps with either of those powders would sell well, and definitely balms would, as well. Maybe you could make a baby bum balm to go with the soap as a set?

While I'm sure my Regular Soap would be appropriate for babies
Then, by all means, do that!
a lot of years since my babies were babies,
I have a feeling, with a wedding in the near future, you'll be back to having babies to make soap for again! :D :thumbs:
I still remember buying Johnson's Baby Soap and Dreft Laundry Soap
Me too! Also, when my daughter was around 4, she developed a red rash all over her little body. The pediatrician told me to wash all her clothes and bed linens in Dreft. It did the trick!

I have a feeling, with a wedding in the near future, you'll be back to having babies to make soap for again! :D :thumbs:

Oh...they put the cart before the horse and have two...girl and boy. So that's it for them. Neither of my daughters are interested in pro-creating so that leaves hubby's son and that should be sometime in the next couple of years...according to The Plan.

I believe that soaps with either of those powders would sell well, and definitely balms would, as well. Maybe you could make a baby bum balm to go with the soap as a set?

That would be interesting, but how do you go advertising the BBB without getting into 'drug claim' territory?

That would be interesting, but how do you go advertising the BBB without getting into 'drug claim' territory?
Just like Lip Balm, you label it Baby Bum Balm, include the ingredient list and make no claims. I had two wholesale customers who sold it. One (in Mobile) called it "Herb Buttah" and the other (in NYC) called it "Herbal Butter".

I make a baby balm that can also be used as a beard balm. The ingredients include calendula infused hemp oil, coconut oil, beeswax, shea butter, chia seed oil, avocado oil, vitamin e and an essential oil blend. It smells wonderful and works great! I also use it on my own dry winter skin.

Back