Infusing lilac

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone happen to know what these are? They smell similar to lilacs, but milder. If they are something recognizable, I could look up whether or not I could use them.

They look somewhat like a hydrangea, but I've never seen one like this, before.

It's an oak leaf hydrangea. There are many different varieties, but you can tell by the shape of the leaves. And unlike regular hydrangeas, oak leaf hydrangea leaves turn beautiful colors in the fall. http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=HYQU3

I think this can help too.
Mosquito Bite On Eyelid

Whoever wrote that would never survive living in the deep south. And there is some significant misinformation there.

1. Mosquito bites are not filled with pus. They are inflammation in reaction to what the mosquito injects to make more blood come to the area. They are just swelling.

2. I would never suggest anyone get salt or vinegar close to a toddler's eyes, or anyone else's for that matter.

3. Benadryl is an antihistamine. I would not suggest anyone give this to a toddler unless they have multiple bites. Giving it to an adult is another story.

4. I would suggest Benadryl or Hydrocortisone Cream if someone must absolutely do something.

5. Ice won't hurt if used for very short periods on an adult, I would not use on a small child.

Whoever wrote that would never survive living in the deep south. And there is some significant misinformation there.

1. Mosquito bites are not filled with pus. They are inflammation in reaction to what the mosquito injects to make more blood come to the area. They are just swelling.

2. I would never suggest anyone get salt or vinegar close to a toddler's eyes, or anyone else's for that matter.

3. Benadryl is an antihistamine. I would not suggest anyone give this to a toddler unless they have multiple bites. Giving it to an adult is another story.

4. I would suggest Benadryl or Hydrocortisone Cream if someone must absolutely do something.

5. Ice won't hurt if used for very short periods on an adult, I would not use on a small child.

I couldn't even figure out what it had to do with the topic at hand. I was concerned it was a bot post with a malware link.

I grew up with a lilac bush outside of my bedroom window. I miss the smell every spring/summer. I've visually mistaken crepe myrtles for lilacs before in the south. All those dark pink busy trees along the highways and in peoples front yards. Supposedly lilacs don't do as well around here because of the humidity, but I'm determined to try this year! Good luck with your soap cheri_j!

Back