Infused oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wessam

Reaction score
in my country you can find both myrrh and frankencene in raw chunks with very cheap prices, yet their essential oils are rare almost non existent. so if i wanted to add the benefits of both resins to my soap, can i infuse them in -for example - olive oil - and use this infused oil in my soap instead of normal olive oil?

thank you ladies.... but what do you think is better, use the myrrhe infused oil or just add the powder to the lye solution?

I think that if you put the powder directly into the soap batter you do run the risk of it it making your soap scratchy, so it depends on if you want a soap with a smooth glide or something a little abrasive for scrubbing

I think that if you put the powder directly into the soap batter you do run the risk of it it making your soap scratchy, so it depends on if you want a soap with a smooth glide or something a little abrasive for scrubbing

Actually i added it to the lye solution :)

I was actually under the impression that resins are insoluble in water, which is why they're usually oil infused

x.x I'm certainly capable of being completely wrong of course.

in my country we usually use frankencene for treating stubborn cough... we add boiled water to the resin (some people just boil the water and the resin), we let it infuse for a few minutes, add honey to sweeten and drink... it works like magic for stuborn cough. and it disolves in the hot water, you just need to make sure you add enough water to disolve the amount of resins you add :)

I actually infused some Dragon Blood resin I ground myself using my mortar and pestle then infused in OO for several hours on low in my crockpot, then left on my windowsill to solar infuse for several more weeks. I then strained through a cheesecloth to get most of the scratchy bits out but some still got through but I don't think it will be a problem to use. I plan on making a dragon blood soap soon with that oil and try out the petal technique for dragon scales (I've never done that before and am nervous lol).

i make frankincense and myrrh infused oil all the time , in a water bath using a medium heat and at least 4-5 hours on the stove , placing a mason jar with OO and resin . thing to watch out for i find is that when using the infused oil in soap making is that it speeds trace a little bit. So far all my frankincense & myrrh soaps has turned out wonderful.

Adding gold mica is my intent LOL. I have infuse some resins in sweet almond oil and then just the frankincense in Jojoba oil. I bought a mortar and pestle just for them. I plan on HPing and adding the infused strained oils as a super fat. Funny that several of us are thinking the same thing at the same time.

Adding gold mica is my intent LOL. I have infuse some resins in sweet almond oil and then just the frankincense in Jojoba oil. I bought a mortar and pestle just for them. I plan on HPing and adding the infused strained oils as a super fat. Funny that several of us are thinking the same thing at the same time.

how did this soap turn out ? was it scratchie? <<<< auto correct is telling me this is not a word but i'm sticking with it , one it will join the working ranks of lexicons.

I am going to be making the soap soon. I have to re-infuse the jojoba oil as my cat felt like she should be the anointed one. Yup Frankincense cat. I am going to strain out any particles that are left so no scratchy parts I hope. Will be doing the batch this week. Will post pics and let everyone know how it turns out!

Latest posts

Back