Infrared thermometer for measuring body AND food temperatures

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleJ

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a touchless infrared thermometer that can accurately measure body temperature as well as food/liquid surface temperatures? Some thermometers on Amazon claim to do this but I'm suspicious of them - I don't see how an infrared thermometer that claims to accurately measure both people and surfaces can be so "cheap" ($25 or $35).

Last edited:
Many of the less expensive IR thermometers only read to whole degrees. You can use them to take temperature of living beings, but obviously you're not going to get a high accuracy result.

The IR human thermometer I use doesn't have a laser "sight" so you're not shining a laser into people's eyes. But when you're taking the temp of a non-living thing, especially from aways away, it's nice to have the laser.

Thermoworks is a reputable source for IR thermometers -- Infrared Thermometers | ThermoWorks Tip: Don't buy "Thermoworks" thermometers on Amazon -- they're knock-offs. The company doesn't sell their stuff on Amazon.

Many of the less expensive IR thermometers only read to whole degrees. You can use them to take temperature of living beings, but obviously you're not going to get a high accuracy result.

The IR human thermometer I use doesn't have a laser "sight" so you're not shining a laser into people's eyes. But when you're taking the temp of a non-living thing, especially from aways away, it's nice to have the laser.

Thermoworks is a reputable source for IR thermometers -- Infrared Thermometers | ThermoWorks Tip: Don't buy "Thermoworks" thermometers on Amazon -- they're knock-offs. The company doesn't sell their stuff on Amazon.

Perfect! Thank you for the advice and recommendation! Will definitely check out ThermoWorks.

Latest posts

Back