INdigo i found

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetBubbleTreat

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the real deal to me. Great ingredient for soaping! With any fine powder, make sure you mix well. I made a half indigo/half charcoal soap. Really neat colors together! I think I only used 1/2 tsp of it per a 4 lb batch of soap. Got a nice bluish grey shade.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's not the best photo due to the lighting but you get the idea. And to be honest, this soap is so old that I can't remember which side is the indigo. I believe the left side is the indigo, as the little specks that didn't get mixed in are bluish. And those **** stearic spots! Anyways, hope this helps, I need to order more indigo and mess with it again. This was just a sample size from SMR. Have fun and we wanna see some pics of your indigo experience!

IMGP6230_edited.jpg

My indigo made green soap....like ugly grass green!!!! It's horrible. So I'm buying different powder....I'm about to totally give up on getting blue soap. I'm ready to cry right now. I feel stupid that I can't get a simple recipe to turn blue....my batter is white why can't I get frigging blue doves!!!!!

Last edited:
Ugh!!! I feel your frustration. I wanted a pale, baby blue so tried Nurture's Caribbean Blue Mica and it turned sea foam green. Pretty color but not what I wanted in the soap batch I was making. Now I'm a bit nervous about using the other blues from Nurture. This is done with BB's Ultramarine Blue Mica. It always behaves well for me in CP and I can get pale to dark blue with it.

Ultramarine Blue Mica.jpg

Latest posts

Back