incredible silicone molds!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
silicone molds

i have some rose shaped muffin pans i do for my specialty soaps. i cover w/plastic and put in oven set on lowest setting for an hour or 2, depending on how many pans i use, then shut off and leave over night. the next morning i stick in freezer for an hour then unmold. they come out perfect every time! i place them on a cookie sheet so they don't tilt.

here's where i get my rose pans: www.kitchencollection.com

the pans are from hamilton beach. i just love 'em!

monet

I have some heart shaped and some regular round silicone muffin pans I do the same with. I just grease them ever so slightly with mineral oil on a paper towel, and I don't even freeze them and they slide right out. :)

silicone

MikeInPdx said:
I have some heart shaped and some regular round silicone muffin pans I do the same with. I just grease them ever so slightly with mineral oil on a paper towel, and I don't even freeze them and they slide right out. :)

are your heart molds a 6 muffin pan? i've been looking for a silicone heart shaped muffin pan for salt bars since forever. if so, would you mind sharing where to get them? i can only find red ones, and from what i've heard, red bleeds onto the soap.

thanks!
monet

I can envision a lot of Valentines and spring garden sets coming up. :D

Digit

Re: silicone

heart of dixie soap co said:
MikeInPdx said:
i can only find red ones, and from what i've heard, red bleeds onto the soap.

thanks!
monet

I have Wilton heart shaped molds in red, and they've never bled onto any of my soap....they're the six compartment molds, and I have made many batches with them.

Incredible silicone molds

I have those red Wilton heart molds too. I use them all the time and they have never bled into my soaps. However, I do not put my molds in the oven to heat up. Also, I had used and washed those molds several times when I was just making M&P soaps. This was before trying CP in them. I think it is a good idea to run them through the dishwasher once or twice when brand new. The dark blue ones I used new and they never bled into my CP batches. I have never oiled these molds nor have I had to put them into the freezer. The soap just sort of "peels" right out. I do, however, leave the soap in the molds for a day or two extra. Always seem a little soft to me when first "done." My little rose colored, rose scented heart shape soaps are very popular with my friends and family (I don't sell, hobby only). I should add that I soap RT only. The soaps come out really smooth top and bottom if you pour at light to barely medium trace.

Back