incorporating hydrolyzed oat flour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eden

Reaction score
anyone use this in their lotions? I love it but sometimes have trouble incorporating it - perhaps it's a simple matter of me finally getting a stick blender - I always hand wisk.
Sometimes ( as with my most current batch) I can 'see' the flour in my lotion ... a look I don't care for ...I don't always get a smooth creamy appearance. I have incorporated it several ways; either right into the lotion itself or into a portion of the water phase first ...neither way seems to be consistant for a smooth creamy appearance ...do you think it is simply my blending method? The lotion feesl great but just has the appearance of itty bitty 'lumps' ( for lack of a better word - they aren't really lumps ...you can't feel them at all) ...I did bottle it already as I have a show on Friday. You don't really see it in the bottle ...only faintly when you disperse in your hands ...if anyone notices it or asks, I can pass it off as a 'natural' appearance due to hand blending of the oat flour(which I believe it is), - but Iwould like to consistantly avoid it - I can't afford to toss it, as this formula runs me $42/gal. to make( plus I already bottles it) & there is nothing wrong with it except a bit of aethetics/appearance ...it feels wonderful & is chock full of good things ...

I use it in all my lotions. I incorporate the entire amount before I emulsify. I use a stick blender though. I never have a problem.

I use VenaSilk from the Herbarie. It really does give a silky emolliency to my lotions. It also does provide a little bit more stability to the emulsion.

stacy_bareskin said:
can I ask what its purpose is in creams?

as garlend68 said ...it does aid in stability & also adds a bit of body ...it is creates a soft powdery after feel & aids in moisture rention

Back