In the Mold Swirly

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jstar

Reaction score
Didn't plan this, but was such a slow mover till it decided it was going to swirl itself in the mold as I poured, so I just went with it and did a bit of feathering just for kicks...

Got a slosh or 2 moving my baby mold around but eh..who cares..Im a messy soaper :lol:

This one is 80% Tallow and 20% CO, some kaolin clay tossed in for fun, and scented with Rain Water from Mike's...bit high on the CO, but Im pretty sure it'll be ok if my last tallow bars came out awesome and not drying at all.

I'll probably cut this in a few hours...can't wait to see whats hiding inside :)

tallow_rain_water_2_2.jpg

And nope, no AC or DC {hahaha just realized sounds like Im talking about a rock band}

Its a bit flowery, watery type scent..not too powerful but sticks well.. but I really like it

Its so feathery!!

LOL yup, it actually did come out looking like feathers...might be some odd sized bars but Im going to 'try' to cut those feathers out so each bar has one on top

Just some zigs and zags and thats what I got :lol:

I just checked it again, and sadly my beautiful black isn't so black anymore..I didn't add enough charcoal..figured I didn't to start with but I just plowed ahead anyway...still looks nice tho.

Not sure why its still a bit softer than I'd like it to be before I cut so I think Im going to leave it a few more hours..usually with my tallow soaps I can cut within 4-5 hrs..prolly the added FO, and I dont think it gelled..I don't insulate normally..it got warm but I dont think it hit gel...

At any rate I think its going to be wonderful..smells delish :)

*goes back to waiting for Christmas morning mode*

Thanks all :)

Well, I tried planing and beveling on a couple, but they still too soft so I'll wait a bit..here a couple that I left alone..pretty rough looking but ahh well..I like em :lol:

Seems there's some ash forming still..Imma leave it of course :p

cut_ash.jpg

Latest posts

Back