In the mean time..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveOscar

Reaction score
Okay, so batch #1 is curing. Supplies for batch #2 are in the mail. Have an inkling for oils for batch #3 and plan on checking out a local store tomorrow to see if they're available.

What do you do in the mean time?

Run my numbers of my next idea through soap calc and play with it...watch soap videos on you tube while lovingly caressing my slab mold which is next to me so I can constantly gaze at it and smell the fragrance..
Just kidding...
Okay it's a little true...
Okay! Okay! it's completely true!

Things to do while waiting for soap to cure:

1.) Learn how to knit or crochet. Spend hundreds of dollars on wool. Finish exactly one scarf, which you promptly gift to a loved one who won't comment on its lumps and unevenness. Spend the rest of your time figuring out how to un-spin yarn so you can use the wool to felt your soaps.

2.) Bake a cake. Make it a loaf cake. Split your batter into two or more bowls and color/flavor them differently. Practice pours and swirls. Bonus: Cake only takes an hour or less to bake and it doesn't zap when you lick it, ever. Unless you did something really wrong. Note: sodium hydroxide is not a substitute for sodium bicarbonate.

3.) Learn to play a musical instrument. Obsessively practice to keep yourself from trying your new soap. Become skilled enough that you can busk for extra money to support your soaping habit.

Start looking at all the online suppliers to compare prices/shipping on things you didn't know you "need" before joining this site. These items will include, but are not limited to:

1. Different size(s) and type(s) of molds
2. Micas, Oxides, Aquas, Natural Colorants
3. Sodium Citrate/Citric Acid, Sodium Lactate, Polysorbate-80
4. Clays
5. Salts
6. Silk
7. Vegetable Glycerin
8. Heat shrink bags
9. Heat gun and Impulse Sealer

... Or you could spend some time developing a logo that sets your gift soaps apart and gives them a little .. pizzaz.

You could take pictures of your soap, and post them here. Waiting patiently......

impatient.gif

Start looking at all the online suppliers to compare prices/shipping on things you didn't know you "need" before joining this site.

LOL this is some of the truthiest truth that was ever spoken here.

hopalongkat that is a nice lineup you have there. Beautiful lime color on the one closest to the bottom.

Spend endless hour on soaping forum reading about soap and on YouTube watching about soap. Knit one of the projects in your stash pile you've put off for six months. Rearrange the pantry. Brush and floss your teeth, then attempt to do the same to the dogs. (Doesn't work. AT ALL.). Go to bed early because there's nothing better to do. (Goodnight everyone!)

ETA: turn off iPad and get dogs excited to go to bed, but don't move & turn iPad back on. Repeat until you're REALLY bored. (The dogs all hear the iPad "click" off and jump off whatever they're on and go to the bedroom.).

Last edited:
Walk by, smell, occasionally flip, smell some more, show everyone who will pay attention

This! And then I make another batch.

I also make list after list of all of the techniques and combinations I want to work on next. I'm not going to lie; This usually leads to binge watching other people making soap on YouTube.

Back