In the market for a new sb

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need a new sb. The one i have works and all, but it creates so many darned bubbles (and yes i burp it). Even on its lowest setting, i feel like its in turbo mode.

Looking for some suggestions

I think its the design of my bell that gives me problems
4D93F73C-4146-4189-A75C-4A561402DE96.jpeg

I just recently bought one too and highly recommend this (link below). Notice that it's the 2018 version. It's confusing looking at the other colors as the bells are different, so they may be more modern versions. I got the white one, with the flatter bell with holes on the top, and notches on the sides. There's a helpful button to slide when removing the shaft that works like a charm. The low setting is plenty for my 6 lb batches. It's solid, and worth the $40 I spent on it after only buying cheap ones. Best thing is, my soaps are so much smoother with this stick blender - even other people has said they look creamier - and I haven't changed my recipe so I guess there's been minute air bubbles that didn't manifest as true bubbles, but just something that's smoother.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079NXBWDR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I feel you @Catscankim my current stick blender is an air bubble monster. It's also annoying because it sucks itself to the bottom of my soap bucket when I am trying to blend 🤣
So I purchased this the other day and I will keep you posted. My first stick blender was an Oster and lasted 10 years. I still miss it.

Hamilton Beach Hand Held Immersion Blender, Ergonomic Grip, Stainless Steel Blade, Extra-Long 5 ft. Cord, White (59738) (Renewed) Amazon.com: Hamilton Beach Hand Held Immersion Blender, Ergonomic Grip, Stainless Steel Blade, Extra-Long 5 ft. Cord, White (59738) (Renewed): Home & Kitchen

Here is a pic of my current sb yeah don't buy this brand.

Attachments

• 20211017_172148.jpg
    20211017_172148.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 14
I just recently bought one too and highly recommend this (link below). Notice that it's the 2018 version. It's confusing looking at the other colors as the bells are different, so they may be more modern versions. I got the white one, with the flatter bell with holes on the top, and notches on the sides. There's a helpful button to slide when removing the shaft that works like a charm. The low setting is plenty for my 6 lb batches. It's solid, and worth the $40 I spent on it after only buying cheap ones. Best thing is, my soaps are so much smoother with this stick blender - even other people has said they look creamier - and I haven't changed my recipe so I guess there's been minute air bubbles that didn't manifest as true bubbles, but just something that's smoother.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079NXBWDR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
Yeah!! It suctions itself to the bottom!

The bell burping thing always annoyed me. I wonder if I could just drill a dang hole in the bell to avoid it altogether.
Edit, just realized how ridiculous that idea is being the propeller would probably shoot molten soap all over my face. 🤦

The bell burping thing always annoyed me. I wonder if I could just drill a dang hole in the bell to avoid it altogether.
Edit, just realized how ridiculous that idea is being the propeller would probably shoot molten soap all over my face. 🤦

Uh no it's not. Soapers have done it before! Not sure of the location of the holes....

I had my husband drill a couple of small holes in the bell of my blender that made looooots of bubbles and loved to suction itself to the bottom. Works so much better now.

Latest posts

Back