In-Shower Lotion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The link does not work for me (but I was able to Google it).

I've never made the kind of in-shower lotion like SoapQueen makes, but I do make in-shower lotion bars which I find are lovely to use in the winter time. My formula is similar to a lip balm formula (i.e., butters, oils, waxes), but it also contains some lotion ingredients such as cetyl alcohol, Polawax, and a preservative.

Basically, I melt everything down, add the preservative, pour into decorative, guest-size soap molds, then pop them out when hardened. To use, I rub it over my body near the end of my shower, stand under the water to kinda-sorta rinse, then I turn the water off and pat myself dry.

IrishLass :)

I think you could see a shower lotion a bit like a hair conditioner with slightly more fats added to it.
I've made one before, inspired by soapqueen's recipe, though I mostly use it when shaving my legs. It works quite nicely for that as it has a lot of slip and keeps the irritation down. But as something that'll keep you moisturized throughout the day, I really don't see the appeal as you end up washing a lot of the good stuff off.

But if you want to try it, think:extra rich hair conditioner. So it will feel quite luxurious to use, and sometimes that's good enough for a bath/shower product :)

Thanks for the responses. This seems like it will be a better idea for summer than winter where I live, so it's going on the back burner. I'm thinking Christmas gifts. I might try doing a sugar scrub. I've made them before, and the recipients weren't begging for more, so IDK if I'll bother with it. I'll probably stick to soap and lotion bars.

I only use sugar crab. it's good for skin. But i also use w natural soap bar. Which is totally made by natural product. You can also try it. :)

Latest posts

Back