In needs of opinions & help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapyScrubs

Reaction score
I tried to make hand milled soap a while back and it didn't work. I was using melt and pour soap. I was wondering if I neeeded to go and get the actuay beauty bars at the store?

Also I am kinda curious about cp soaping. However I would like tor read about it first. If anyone has any pointers on books that they founnd helpfu please feel free to share them. What is the ups and downs to cp soaping? Sorry about all my questions. I'll hopefully get a few pictures up here by tomorrow to share with you guys. I got some better dyes so I wanna show the colors off. :lol:

I have never hand milled but I believe you need to use soap that has been made by the cold process (CP) method. Pepper should pop in shortly. She is our resident hand milled guru.

Don't know much about hand milling or M&P. I am a newby and I started CP this summer with The Everything Soapmaking book by Alicia Grosso. It is easy to understand and has seemed to really help me as a beginner.

I love CP. There are SO many variations that it really is easy to dream soap! Downside, is the cure time, but meanwhile, just make more soap!

Now I can't stop! :lol: Good luck!

I have to agree; the only downside I see is cure time. I love CP and it is addictive. It's so much fun ... I like the fact that it's art and science rolled into one bag. There are many books out there, The Everything Soap Making Book is great for beginners. Just go to Amazon and search soap making. You'll get a lot of hits.

The bible! The holy grail! Finally I have found it with the help of Tabitha....

In all my searching, this page has never come up. Incredible! Thank you so much for the linky.

Latest posts

Back