In honor of Liz: The Annoyance Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smee

Reaction score
Since Liz started the thread about having to sit and work (haha) next to
the break room while listening to water running, I thought we could use
a "What Annoys Me Most" thread:

Like how my nose starts to itch the moment I pour the lye into the water.

Or how the round kettle lid rocks back n forth when I set it upside down on
the stove - rock/rock/rock/rock/back/forth/back/forth/rock/rock

Next up? Anyone? Anyone?? Bueller? Badger??

What really gets me annoyed is when I get a rock in my shoe! I do a lot of gardening and somehow there always seems to be a little nasty rock that finds it's way into my shoe lol!

Okay, the thing that annoys me most (right now, cause it changes all the time), is how I run out things that I need to make soap one at a time and don't have the foresight to see I am running low. I first run out of gloves, make one batch and run out of castor oil... I don't think I am low on anything else right now, but I am waiting to make another batch and run out of something else (makes a not he should check parchment paper to be sure...) So, anyone have a nice recipe that doesn't use castor? lol

Can I ask what oils you used? I have been thinking of a recipe I saw that used just coconut, palm and olive (25, 35, and 40%). It is not much different then the recipe I am using now.

This might sound petty, but something that really annoys me is the other people that live in our apartment building (it's an old house, 6 apartments) aren't considerate of the fact that I have kids sleeping when they're going up and down the stairs. I know not everyone thinks of stuff like that, but we're the only ones here with kids, and we lived here before all these other people moved in. I try my hardest to keep my kids quiet on the stairs/in the hall, I just ask that you do the same..you're a grownup!

Taken straight from my BF status:
I am so annoyed. I eFiled my taxes on Sunday April 7th with TurboTax. No problems there, but I got an email later on that week saying that both Federal & State were accepted. So I have been patiently waiting for my debit card to arrive. It did today........NO MONEY. I never had this happen before. I found out that the IRS is gonna take up to 21 days til they release my money. I don't even know what NYS is doing. BUT I WANT MY MONEY!!!

I have lots to list LOL but I'll only post one :D This happened to me today in fact. I get annoyed when I finally get to sit down at work to take a few minutes for lunch (I get an hour but never have time to take it) and someone comes up to and says "Oh you're eating lunch. I'm sorry to bother you" and instead of coming back a few minutes later they start asking me their question. Even if I have food still in my mouth and my sandwich in hand. Well, they got their hour lunch why don't they let me take mine? My desk is only a few steps from there's and they'll see when I'm done so they can come back then. People in my office don't see that as annoying. Arrrgggghh

Ok, got that off my chest :lol:

My biggest pet peeve in life and yes this annoys me more than anything else in the entire world... chewing with your mouth open. My mom's biggest pet peeve was mouth noises and I guess she either got after me and my dad (and the dog too... yes she yelled at the dog for smacking, however it was most annoying) so much that I took it on as my own, or I just inherited it lol. I get after my kids for chewing with their mouths open, especially if whatever they're eating is crunchy. I usually don't have to tell my girls (ages 5 and 6) too often, it's my son (age 10 btw) who is THE WORST!!! Every single meal, snack, whatever I have to tell him to stop smacking. It's so obnoxious!!!! I see grown adults in restaurants chewing with their mouths open, it is so disgusting I can't even stand it. I'm also a HUGE fan of Big Brother (TV show, US version) like beyond nerdy huge fan and maybe it's just the microphone they have to wear all the time, but at least half the house guests chew with their mouths open. I have to mute the TV at those moments, if it's continual.

Ok is that a good one? lol it's the best I have.

Since Liz started the thread about having to sit and work (haha) next to
the break room while listening to water running, I thought we could use
a "What Annoys Me Most" thread:

Like how my nose starts to itch the moment I pour the lye into the water.

Or how the round kettle lid rocks back n forth when I set it upside down on
the stove - rock/rock/rock/rock/back/forth/back/forth/rock/rock

Next up? Anyone? Anyone?? Bueller? Badger??

Haha, I hope you don't think I am a big complainer. I was just going nuts with the "tinkle-tinkle" sound into the bucket... Days when I am in my office doing monthly staffing reports those type of things really get to me!!

I didn't think of you as a big complainer. I thought of you as
a great example for a new thread!

Then there's the person who waits until her entire (6 or 7 bags) order
is rung up at the register before she decides to open her purse and
start writing a check...and has to ask for a pen...and what date it is...
and the name of the store...and how much was it again... and...
AAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!! BANG.HEAD.ON.CART

OMG! Our new supervisor took a group of us out for lunch this week and I sat across from him as he vivaciously chomped away at his grub. It was all I could do not to launch myself across the table and clamp my hands around his neck. Not really but, ya know! :Kitten Love:

OMG! Our new supervisor took a group of us out for lunch this week and I sat across from him as he vivaciously chomped away at his grub. It was all I could do not to launch myself across the table and clamp my hands around his neck. Not really but, ya know! :Kitten Love:

I know the feeling. Ugh. On a related side note my husband likes to chew his ice from his ice water after dinner EVERY NIGHT. He doesn't chew it with his mouth open however he sits right next to me on the couch and sometimes (not every night) it gets on my nerves. I just sit and look at him while he's mowing away ("like a cow" I usually think at these moments) on his ice until he looks at me, pauses in his chewing and just swallows the ice and looks sheepish lol. It's fun being married for many years and just to see the look your spouse is giving you and know what it means right away.

okay Smee wins for most annoying, lol. Lady had all kinds of time to start writing that check,lol. PS - ask for the name of the store - Smee don't you work at Wal-Mart? How do you forget Wal-Mart's name??

I hate people who breathe with their mouth open. Hot breath, or wet breath, irritates me. Especially when you take a step back and they step forward. Gum anyone?

On a lighter note, here's why not to complain about work on Facebook:

68500_574001815954531_1362437954_n.jpg

Last edited:
That was hilarious, mel!
My big pet peeve is when you're sitting in traffic due to construction/wreck, etc. and the random a**holes who speed down the open lane (Helloooo, there's a reason no one is using it!) and then try to force their way into the line of traffic. I'm eternally astounded when people let them in!! Me...no F'ing way! They can do their best to try to ease their car in front of mine when traffic moves, and I'll block them everytime. If y'all ever see a wreck/fistfight combo on the news, it might be me!

That was hilarious, mel!
My big pet peeve is when you're sitting in traffic due to construction/wreck, etc. and the random a**holes who speed down the open lane (Helloooo, there's a reason no one is using it!) and then try to force their way into the line of traffic. I'm eternally astounded when people let them in!! Me...no F'ing way! They can do their best to try to ease their car in front of mine when traffic moves, and I'll block them everytime. If y'all ever see a wreck/fistfight combo on the news, it might be me!

Okay I have to modify my post. Crappy drivers irritate me to pieces. NV has a high number of accidents due to different driving styles because the nature of our population is transient. People come from all over to settle here and of course, the law lets them transfer their drivers license without new classes. Also we have a lot of jerks here in general. And our roads are horrible. People will cut you off in neckhole size merge lanes to get ahead of you rather then wait the minute it takes to get on the freeway. And I have found the best trick, no joke, put your blinker on to change lanes when the guy in the next lane and slightly behind you is too close to merge in front of. he WILL speed up and get out of your way so you can move over. :twisted:

That was hilarious, mel!

oooh! Can I like this 565 times????

Latest posts

Back