Impulse sealer problem

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deedles

Reaction score
After reading a thread here about the sealers, I bought one recommended on Amazon. DH had some ideas on how he could use it so I got the larger 12" instead of the 8". http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077TDLNA/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 It's gone up since I bought it.

I finally got time today to try it out...and it doesn't work. Plugged it in and the light never came on. The instructions are abysmal! It sounds like it went through several translations to English. But from what I can gather, you just plug it in and go.

So my question is....is that the way it works? Does it need to warm up first and then the light comes on? I left it plugged in for ab out 20 minutes and the light still wasn't on.

Is there another brand someone can recommend? I've sent a refund request to Amazon. Hope they don't require original packaging as the Styrofoam inserts were thrown away with the Christmas trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
On mine the light only comes on when you pull the handle down signifying that there is current running through the sealer, when the light goes off that signifies that you can lift the handle. The numbered dial sets the amount of time that the current runs through the sealer and therefore the higher the number, the longer the light will stay on. It doesn't need to heat up, current only runs through the element for the short amount of time needed for sealing the plastic.

That's the way mine works as well. There is no heat, lights etc until the handle is down. (Of course there is heat after you've used it so you have to be careful)

Your amazon listing says:

• Ready to Use Instantly - No Warm Up Needed.
So it's likely the same type.

I ordered mine on ebay and when I recieved it it wasnt working. Saponista is right though, the light only comes on when you pull the lever down.

I fixed mine though. I took the bottom plastic cover off and noticed that the heating element was not connected to the bottom circuitry. With a little bit of thinking, I was able to connect it easily. Its not on there very tightly or anything like that so a bump or hit in the packaging during shipping could easily make the heating element come off. Do you have a picture of yours? If its like mine, I could walk you through the repair. Itll have to wait until after the 1st though since I let my mom borrow mine and I need it to remember how I fixed it!

Also, my directions were just as abismal as yours sound.

ETA: just noticed the link... yeah, its just like mine is. Blue and all!

I've had several emails back and forth with the seller. I was mistaken about the light coming on when plugged in. But after going through all the tests he suggested the unit still doesn't work. He's refunding the money and doesn't want it returned.

Galaxy, I'll give your fix a try before ordering another one. I may need some help!

Back