Immersion Blender Help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalphTheMastiff

Reaction score
Ok so the Immersion Blender I have is an Oster, its older one i'v had for of I'd say 5-6 years. I'm used it for all sorts of cooking but now its dedicated to soap.

My problem is it gets hot, uncomfortable hot to hold, Inferred thermometer says 150-160 dF hot.

Does anyone have this problem?

What blender do you recommend?

Have you ever had a problem with the outer stainless shaft separating from the housing mid batch and had to super glue it back together? haha

Most people burst-blend the batter. Couple of seconds blend, longer period just stirring with the blender off, couple of seconds blend................... that seems to help
I'm doing about 5 second bursts then staring with my spatula, I'm always worried i'll go from light to heavy trace without noticing. I am getting better at identifying the moments right before a light trace what i call bounce back same thing i'm looking for when making a big pot of gravy than with in seconds light trace.

I'f got lots of high powered drills and i see people using them mixing but i worry about splashing with them.

Speaking of immersion blenders. I'm using an old one (Panasonic?) that comes in two parts--the motor and the stick. Our newer one (the one for cooking) is a single mold unit so doesn't come apart. I love the old one and would love to find four or five replacement attachments for it (for mixing different colors of soap).

Does anyone know if anyone even makes two-part stick blenders anymore?

Does anyone know if anyone even makes two-part stick blenders anymore?

Oh my- yes- several companies still make them: Cuisinart, Kitchenaid, Hamilton Beach to name a few. I actually have stick-blenders from all three of those brands. My favorite of them is this one by Hamilton Beach. I'm still using the exact same one that I bought 11 years ago when I first started soaping, and it's still going strong. I really like the design of the bell on it. I never have to burp it and it never gives me air bubbles. I have 2 back-ups of them, plus a replacement wand 'just in case'. So far, I haven't needed to break them out.

IrishLass :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked my original stick blender so much that when it started getting hot like that I bought the exact same model via eBay. The other one did burn out after that, but the newer one works fabulously. I love the long detachable arm that comes with the model I like. (I am not at home right now, or I'd go check it and let you know what model, etc.)

For travel, I bought a cheap $15.00 SB at Walmart, which also has a detachable arm. It isn't long like the one at home, but has worked just fine for when I make soap when I travel.

So the one thing I would recommend is that is you love the one you have had for so long and the arm is detachable and long enough, then see if you can find that same model again.

Back