I'm very happy this morning

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponomancer

Professional Geek
Reaction score
tumblr_o20ywqswyc1rcpo9po1_540.jpg

I'm extra super pleased with both how this swirl came out, and with the new camera I used to snap the picture of the bars I just cut!

They're a chocolate peppermint eucalyptus blend my brother begged me for, with a layer of uncoloured batter, one coloured with cocoa and one lightened with kaolin, then a thick hanger dragged through them in a figure eight a few times

It'll look quite a bit different once that vanilla oxidizes, but this was so pretty I had to get a shot of the precure bars

Lovely swirls, DragonGirl, it looks so delishious and yummy, well done!:clap:
I really need to get my hands on some kaolin to try and use in soaps, not really that fond of the TD I have. Do you find Kaolin makes your soap more creamy or something, or is it mostly for the color you use it for?

Thank you for all the complements everyone! It does smell fantastic to me, the Eucalyptus just adds something special to the blend I hadn't even thought to put in there before.

Lovely swirls, DragonGirl, it looks so delishious and yummy, well done!:clap:
I really need to get my hands on some kaolin to try and use in soaps, not really that fond of the TD I have. Do you find Kaolin makes your soap more creamy or something, or is it mostly for the color you use it for?

It actually makes the soap glide more easily against my skin! the suds are much more slippery with the kaoilin in there, and the whites come out opaque instead of translucent when its included.

Thank you for all the complements everyone! It does smell fantastic to me, the Eucalyptus just adds something special to the blend I hadn't even thought to put in there before.

It actually makes the soap glide more easily against my skin! the suds are much more slippery with the kaoilin in there, and the whites come out opaque instead of translucent when its included.

Well, then I must try it, thanks! What`s not to love with a soap that makes more slippery suds and more opaque white:mrgreen:

Back