I'm very grateful for this community already!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello! I am rather new to the soaping scene. I am a special educator by profession and found an idea to make melt and pour soaps for a Christmas present to parents from my students. This led to research into lye based soaping in my limited spare time. I am now hopelessly addicted. I am fascinated with the process. I also love the artistic aspect of the craft. I have already found a wealth of information on this site. So many of you are awe-inspiring!! I have made approximately 14 batches thus far. Not all were successes aesthetically but all have been usable. I am not certain that this will ever turn into a business as I am also in love with being a special education teacher. (Although, I am beginning to run out of room for all the soap I am making.) I am looking forward to loads of advice from all of you!! Thank you so much for being here!!!

Welcome.gif

Oops!! I got so excited about you being from Rock Island, Zany, I hit enter!! Yes!!! I grew up in Davenport. Now, I live in Coal Valley (just outside of Moline, and work in East Moline!!
LOL I got my BA at Marycrest in Davenport. My first job after high school (Villa de Chantal in Rock Island) was as a comptroller (accountant) at Iowana Ice Cream in Bettendorf! I still dream about buying a cone after work to enjoy on the way home. LOL Sooooo good! Is it still there? I doubt it. Father Raymond Lukoski was pastor of a church in Coal Valley... long time family friend. He passed away several years ago.

LOL I got my BA at Marycrest in Davenport. My first job after high school (Villa de Chantal in Rock Island) was as a comptroller (accountant) at Iowana Ice Cream in Bettendorf! I still dream about buying a cone after work to enjoy on the way home. LOL Sooooo good! Is it still there? I doubt it. Father Raymond Lukoski was pastor of a church in Coal Valley... long time family friend. He passed away several years ago.

Wow, what a small world!!! I have a number of friends who went to Marycrest. I was so sad when it closed. I am a parishioner at St. Maria Goretti!! I was unaware that Father Lukoski had passed. I will add him to my prayers.
Thank you, everyone!! I feel so welcomed here!!

Hello! I am rather new to the soaping scene. I am a special educator by profession and found an idea to make melt and pour soaps for a Christmas present to parents from my students. This led to research into lye based soaping in my limited spare time. I am now hopelessly addicted. I am fascinated with the process. I also love the artistic aspect of the craft. I have already found a wealth of information on this site. So many of you are awe-inspiring!! I have made approximately 14 batches thus far. Not all were successes aesthetically but all have been usable. I am not certain that this will ever turn into a business as I am also in love with being a special education teacher. (Although, I am beginning to run out of room for all the soap I am making.) I am looking forward to loads of advice from all of you!! Thank you so much for being here!!!

Welcome, neighbor! I live in the QCA as well! About 15 miles from you, I would estimate. Right now I'm in Texas, but will be back home in a week or so.

Where do you teach? My niece is a special educator as well in elementary school in Colorado. But she is currently on family leave as they just adopted a baby. She loves working with her kids, but I think she might end up taking a sabbatical for at least a couple of years or more because she has been wanting a baby for so long, I doubt she will want to leave her anytime soon.

Welcome, neighbor! I live in the QCA as well! About 15 miles from you, I would estimate. Right now I'm in Texas, but will be back home in a week or so.

Where do you teach? My niece is a special educator as well in elementary school in Colorado. But she is currently on family leave as they just adopted a baby. She loves working with her kids, but I think she might end up taking a sabbatical for at least a couple of years or more because she has been wanting a baby for so long, I doubt she will want to leave her anytime soon.
Yay!! I hope you are enjoying your trip. Congratulations to your niece!! I was lucky enough to be able to take 8 years off with my 3 children (twin boys, 22 years old, daughter, 18 years old). I would definitely suggest that, if it's financially viable, take the time. She will not regret time with her child.

Latest posts

Back