Im trying to make my own recipe, but I am SOO lost....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchad21ut

Reaction score
Can any advanced soap makers help me with this recipe... this is how far I have gotten so far, but I have no idea if I am doing this right, or what I need to do differently. I went about this all wrong, and ordered my ingredients before I even double checked myself... so stupid..

Palm Oil : 11.5 oz.
Pomace Olive Oil: 11.5 oz.
Shea Butter: 4.5 oz.
Jojoba Oil: 4.5 oz

Castor Oil: 2 tbs. (.8-.9 oz.) for superfat

Water or Aloe Juice: 12 oz.
Lye: 3.61 oz.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

I am new here also. I ran it trough the soap cal. and it doesn't seem to be cleansing or Bubbly. I just made a batch of soap from a recipe I made now I have to wait an see if I am going to like it or not. It took me a long time to come up with this recipe. Good luck on making your recipes.

:)

tchad21ut said:
Can any advanced soap makers help me with this recipe... this is how far I have gotten so far, but I have no idea if I am doing this right, or what I need to do differently. I went about this all wrong, and ordered my ingredients before I even double checked myself... so stupid..

Palm Oil : 11.5 oz.
Pomace Olive Oil: 11.5 oz.
Shea Butter: 4.5 oz.
Jojoba Oil: 4.5 oz

Castor Oil: 2 tbs. (.8-.9 oz.) for superfat

Water or Aloe Juice: 12 oz.
Lye: 3.61 oz.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Hi...you bought some luxurious ingredients there. I ran it through Soapcalc and it makes a very conditioning bar with a very low lather. It would leave your skin feeling nice, but you might be disappointed if you like lots of bubbles.

To make it more bubbly, try adding some coconut oil to the mixture, somewhere between 20-30%. I would also use Soapcalc and just take a lye discount of 5-6% rather than mess with superfatting. I would also up the castor oil to around 5%. That should give you a conditioning bar with a nice lather to boot. :)

Here's what I came up with SoapCalc...play around with it....it's a lot of fun once you get past the daunting interface!

11.2 oz Palm Oil
8 oz Coconut Oil
8 oz Pomace Olive Oil
1.6 oz Jojoba
1.6 oz Shea
1.6 oz Castor

4.4 oz lye
12.1 oz water

This would make a reasonably hard bar with moderate conditioning properties, cleansing properties, and luxurious amount of bubbly and creamy lather. It has an INS of 153, so it should turn into soap fairly easlily! :)

Feel free to contact me here or via PM if you have any questions. :)

Take care,
Mike

Edited to add: Don't take any discounts with fragrance oils....they're just an additive.

Back