I'm getting so frustrated....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deda said:
Don't let it get to you, in a bit you'll find your own tempo.

Read, take notes, learn. In the end you will find a technique that feels natural to you. From then on, it's cake.

SB or whisk - you do what feels right for you.

Just my own observation, but I think I learned more from the seized, stinky, non-smelling, foul colored and generally yucky batches than I ever learned from a book.

I would have to agree.making soap can get frustrating but its all about what went wrong that is where I find I learn each time.
Keep at it and you will find your own stride.

coral said:
Deda said:
Don't let it get to you, in a bit you'll find your own tempo.

Read, take notes, learn. In the end you will find a technique that feels natural to you. From then on, it's cake.

SB or whisk - you do what feels right for you.

Just my own observation, but I think I learned more from the seized, stinky, non-smelling, foul colored and generally yucky batches than I ever learned from a book.

I would have to agree.making soap can get frustrating but its all about what went wrong that is where I find I learn each time.
Keep at it and you will find your own stride.

Yup, as the noteworthy saying is; "Just do it!" :wink:
After 3-1/2 years of doing this, I still learn from every batch....and from our forum~ 8) :!:

Paul :wink:

PrincessMommy said:
stepibarra said:
Ok here is my last batch(recipe) soaped at 110F for the lye and 100F oils....

I'm no expert but it looks like your temps were too far apart. I've been told they should be less than 5 degrees apart before mixing. 110F seems a bit high to me.

I soap with my oils at about 90 and my lye around 125. I "cream" my oils and when I add the lye, It melts them and my trace temp is always between 100 ans 105.....

Lane said:
PrincessMommy said:
stepibarra said:
Ok here is my last batch(recipe) soaped at 110F for the lye and 100F oils....

I'm no expert but it looks like your temps were too far apart. I've been told they should be less than 5 degrees apart before mixing. 110F seems a bit high to me.

I soap with my oils at about 90 and my lye around 125. I "cream" my oils and when I add the lye, It melts them and my trace temp is always between 100 ans 105.....

Goes to show you how amazingly different each person's way of soap is. None are wrong but all are unique. :D

Keep experimenting and taking notes and you'll find your stride in no time.

:D It's really interesting to see how we all soap. I take the temp of my ly/water. When it's 110 & the oil pot is warm to the touch, I blend.

The Soap Goddess must like me, 'cause so far, I haven't had any problems doing it that way.

mandolyn said:
:D It's really interesting to see how we all soap. I take the temp of my ly/water. When it's 110 & the oil pot is warm to the touch, I blend.

The Soap Goddess must like me, 'cause so far, I haven't had any problems doing it that way.

...and that's the key. If what you're (anyone) doing works, then work it. If not, then work with it, till it works.

Just think.....when it all works out, you will be an expert knowing where all the pitfalls are. :D :D

Digit

Latest posts

Back