I'm creating a spreadsheet of which DFOs create what colors...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
I dunno if it's a repeat on here (couldn't find anything like it in search), but if it is, my apologies. This current challenge got my brain cooking :)

The new challenge has me thinking about how hard it is to find a good source for this kind of info (believe me I've been searching all day while it's dead here at work). I love design, and especially unique ideas, and using discoloration intentionally in soap design has me very excited. But I'm very frustrated by how hard it is to find a concise, easily accessible, reference source for this kind of info. So, since I love research and spreadsheets (yes I'm nuts, I know lol), I want to build the resource for anyone to use.

I know there is a massive FO spreadsheet with info like "yes or no" on discoloration, but I'm trying to build a spreadsheet specifically for DFOs, of which FOs discolor to what color. So I decided to ask all you experienced folks if you wouldn't mind sharing your knowledge by adding to the list by posting below, using the format

FO Name - Maker - Soaping Method - Color (ex: pink, yellow, orange, green, tan, beige, milk chocolate, etc)

I've found a few resources by suppliers (see end of post) that gave me very good info about their own products, but there is sooooo much out there that you folks have played with. What I'm looking to create is a spreadsheet that allows you to view the FOs by color on one sheet, by maker on another, and by methods on a third. Just some very simple info from your own experiences will be all I need to enter in the spreadsheet and create this. Once it's built, maybe the admins can add it to the forum resources like the FO spreadsheet already here, and it can then be continually updated by members over time.

So if you know of one that tends to discolor to a particular color, could you please post it?

Tyvm folks :)

Here's a resource I found from BB that is awesome, but it only focused on their top sellers.
http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and...bramble-berry-fragrance-oils-discoloration/
Photos from the article
uploadfromtaptalk1441169126281.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441169194099.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441169205865.jpg

I found this from Nature's Garden - I'll be using this info in the spreadsheet too
Link to pdf file listing all their FOs and what they discolor to
http://ngc-cdn.upshotcommerce.com/mas_assets/theme/ngc/pdf/fragrtest.pdf

Gigi you and I were thinking the same lines today! I was on the same websites looking for inspiration. I will happily contribute to the cause as I play with scents!

Gigi you and I were thinking the same lines today! I was on the same websites looking for inspiration. I will happily contribute to the cause as I play with scents!

Jules tyvm! Often my inspiration comes from my frustration LOL

Back