I'm Back...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachy Clean Soap

Reaction score
Hello soaping friend's I took some time off' it's nice to have a break & feels great to be back w/ ya'll, I'm looking forward to gearing up for the Holliday's i'll be making soap & probably lotion bars haven't made them before so that will be fun & lotion' speaking of lotion the lotion I made a few months back' omg I absolutely love it' hard to image how bad the commercial lotion is' tell you make your own. Worlds Apart. I think i'll close on that note. ❤️🤗💫

Welcome back. I made a couple of batches of soap yesterday...one turned out well, the second...I don't know what happened. I masterbatch so I was using same exact oils/butters and lye solution for the second as I did the first. Same Mica and FO I had used before. My weights were spot on. But what was supposed to be a light trace rose soap poured into cavity molds, went really thick, really fast and the color went from rose to a beige. Yuck.

Going to try the rose again today. I have a knitting retreat in five weeks and wanted to make soap as gifts.

Welcome back. I made a couple of batches of soap yesterday...one turned out well, the second...I don't know what happened. I masterbatch so I was using same exact oils/butters and lye solution for the second as I did the first. Same Mica and FO I had used before. My weights were spot on. But what was supposed to be a light trace rose soap poured into cavity molds, went really thick, really fast and the color went from rose to a beige. Yuck.

Going to try the rose again today. I have a knitting retreat in five weeks and wanted to make soap as gifts.
Thank you awww 🤗😘.
Fingers crossed your color morphs back to the pretty rose it was intended to be.
A knitting retreat' now that sound like a fabulous circle of friends enjoying the "Zen Of Knitting Togetherness" & I dont even know how to knit' lol. I've have been given Christmas gifts that was hand Knitted " washcloths & dish towels" love love them so much I wore them out w/ holes' & still used them. 🤣🤩.

Thank you awww 🤗😘.
Fingers crossed your color morphs back to the pretty rose it was intended to be.

A knitting retreat' now that sound like a fabulous circle of friends enjoying the "Zen Of Knitting Togetherness" & I dont even know how to knit' lol. I've have been given Christmas gifts that was hand Knitted " washcloths & dish towels" love love them so much I wore them out w/ holes' & still used them. 🤣🤩.

I figured out what the problem was when I went to remake the soap…bad Mica. I had pulled it from the shelf after finding out the first time I used that it wasn’t meant for CP soap, but hubby must have put it back. I used a different mica and soap turned out fine. Also made two fun batches for the grandkids, more Retreat soap, and some Green Apple.

The Retreat is interesting in that none of us had met previously; we were all ‘following’ this gal on YT for a couple of years and talking about getting together sometime…which was 2019. Eighteen of us came from all over the US to meet in Utah and sit and knit.

I figured out what the problem was when I went to remake the soap…bad Mica. I had pulled it from the shelf after finding out the first time I used that it wasn’t meant for CP soap, but hubby must have put it back. I used a different mica and soap turned out fine. Also made two fun batches for the grandkids, more Retreat soap, and some Green Apple.

The Retreat is interesting in that none of us had met previously; we were all ‘following’ this gal on YT for a couple of years and talking about getting together sometime…which was 2019. Eighteen of us came from all over the US to meet in Utah and sit and knit.
Oh how fun' i'm a true believer nothing happens by accident' all 18 of you were meant to unite' such an awesome story' thx for sharing 🌟💫. I was just looking at NG FO of the month Green Apple' i put it in my cart thinking that would be a good scent to combine w/ other Holliday scents. 😉👍🏼. Glad you solved the Mica Mystery 🙌🏼👍🏼.

Back