I'm Back!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The beer (and coffee roasting and, and, and...) are all very part time and far between. Personal use only, mostly.

Soap I do a couple of 10 pound batches per day right now.

Good deal! Wondering if you stopped brewing beer too -- and if so, if that will also resume!
I go over to Belgium 4 times a year now for about two weeks each trip. Beer is sort of a religion over there and they have something for every palette. I feel completely outclassed.

But I do use their beer in my soap. And their flax seed oil.

I did some ferment-y stuff recently, but only to make illegally-drinkable hand sanitizer.

Tone and Yardley are both soaps, last I checked.
I stand corrected.
I had noticed that they didn't say soap in the name. More like "bath bar"
And they had long lists of ingredients.
Also that a 6 pack of 4 oz. bars could be bought at Wal-Mart for $9.48

I really assumed that they were just syndet bars from Big Soap" you know?

Arimarra, you are totally right.

My offer to ship our returning member handmade cp soap still stands though. (grin)

I may have drunk the kool-aid a bit too hard on the small, indie soapmaker thing...

I stand corrected.
I had noticed that they didn't say soap in the name. More like "bath bar"
And they had long lists of ingredients.
Also that a 6 pack of 4 oz. bars could be bought at Wal-Mart for $9.48

I really assumed that they were just syndet bars from Big Soap" you know?

Arimarra, you are totally right.

My offer to ship our returning member handmade cp soap still stands though. (grin)

I may have drunk the kool-aid a bit too hard on the small, indie soapmaker thing...
At some point, most of us drank that kool-aid. The more I made soap and lotion after reading the ingredients, the more I realised that the word "chemicals" was really thrown around too much and maligned. It also helped that I stopped taking certain meds so my thinking cleared up nicely. Last bit- Syndets are a godsend for some skin types. My soaps can be on the gentle side but I still would never let my daughter use them with her sensitivities.

Latest posts

Back