If you could only have one FO, what would it be??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprice522

Reaction score
I am a EO user and own a lot. So when I started making soap, I used those. However, since I have been reading a lot here, I feel that I can make a few soaps with FO and feel safe trying them, but since I do have a family of sensitive skins...(not mine, just DH and kiddos) I will make most with EOs.

It is rinse off product--so I want to try. I have sample from BB that I got with my oils/KOH order that I will try, but I want to see what others love....so I thought to poll the best.

What do you love? If you could only choose ONE, what would it be, (and from where???)

I haven't bought a lot of FO yet, and no EOs yet at all, but I'm eager to get more and soon. My favorite scent of all time in anything is honeysuckle :)

I haven't bought it yet, sorry if I didn't communicate that clearly. I smelled it in a handmade soap someone had and loved it. It didn't occur to me at the time to ask cuz it was long before my interest in soaping began :)

Oh man, that is hard. In part - in terms of being helpful - it depends on *your* sniffer. Ie; I love warm/green/water/woodsy/unisex scents and will test to the ends of the earth to find the right ones. And within those groups, the ones that smell great, do not make me want to make me tear my hair out when I use them (b/c of A/D/R issues), and hang on for dear life in the soap, that is. What kind of smells do you like?

Last edited:
For myself, it would be honeysuckle, mine is fro BrambleBerry, I haven't soaped with it yet, but it makes awesome bathbombs. It's a scent that takes me back to pleasant memories of my youth.
Hubby would have to have anise or black licorice FO (Candle Makers Store).
Daughter... well, sometimes I wonder if she's mine, because she "doesn't pay attention to smells". Her words, not mine.

Last edited:
My current favorite is a blend of 4 FO's, its the most amazing thing I've ever smelled but if I had to choose one FO, it would be a straight rose. I really like Imogen rose from fragrance buddy, its not perfumy or powdery and its doesn't accelerate like so many florals do.

Oh man, that is hard. In part - in terms of being helpful - it depends on *your* sniffer. Ie; I love warm/green/water/woodsy/unisex scents and will test to the ends of the earth to find the right ones. And within those groups, the ones that smell great, do not make me want to make me tear my hair out when I use them (b/c of A/D/R issues), and hang on for dear life in the soap, that is. What kind of smells do you like?

I just want to know what everyone loves--I love anything-....but it would be for soap--so if it does something crazy--please let me know! :)

Green Irish Tweed from NG or Bonsai from Soapalooza.... It is a hard choice. Glad I will never be in that situation. Lol

Right now it's Lavender & Sage. Aprice, Honeysuckle can move fast, the one I am using now is like a race against the clock, but everyone loves it, and it sticks like crazy. Not all but many floral are accelerators. I love the scent of the Lilac from Candle Science, but when this bottle is gone I will probably go back to Peaks, or try another, it is a real pain.

My favorite soap and body butter is Lemon, then Orange - citrus in general. For my shampoo, coconut. My laundry/linens, lavender. I do like expensive perfumed body lotions -- I have a load of favorites there.

There's no way I could pick just one. I'm an FO junkie! Just saying that makes me think I need a 12 step program. "Hello, my name is Krista and I'm a scent-aholic". I never have fewer than 4 soap bars in my shower as I never know what my bathing mood will be but I could probably pick a few. OHM from BB blended with vanilla. Anything in the pine family such as Mistletoe and Christmas Wreath from WSP. BRV from Peak. Fresh Cut Roses from NG. Anything blended with patchouli. As you can see, aprice, I can never have only one, lol.

Ruby Grapefruit FO from NDA. It was the first fragrance I ever used and it is still my favorite. Maybe I'm sentimental. It has the awesomeness of grapefruit plus a very very subtle gardenia/lilac thing.

I have a new scent I'm recently addicted to and I'm making an entire line of products with it. I love Bite Me from nature's garden. This weekend I just made with it: a cp soap loaf, bubble bars, bath bombs, foaming sugar scrub, candles, and bath salts. So you can imagine what my entire house smells like at the moment.

I have a new scent I'm recently addicted to and I'm making an entire line of products with it. I love Bite Me from nature's garden. This weekend I just made with it: a cp soap loaf, bubble bars, bath bombs, foaming sugar scrub, candles, and bath salts. So you can imagine what my entire house smells like at the moment.

Bite me is one of my very best sellers in anything. I make soap, salt bars, sugar scrub, whipped body butter and bubble bars in it.

Currently, my favorite FO is Peach Magnolia Raspberry (NG). I'm not a floral person but this scent has really gotten my attention. Easy to use and not overly floral.

Bite me is one of my very best sellers in anything. I make soap, salt bars, sugar scrub, whipped body butter and bubble bars in it.

Currently, my favorite FO is Peach Magnolia Raspberry (NG). I'm not a floral person but this scent has really gotten my attention. Easy to use and not overly floral.

Shunt, I literally had friends walking through my house this weekend asking me what that amazing smell was (it's filled with new batches of Bite Me everything). I'm going to have to try the Peach Magnolia Raspberry though when I have to reorder the Bite Me. I hate floral scents myself so if I can get a sweeter floral then I'm all for trying it out.

Latest posts

Back