If I were to sell...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so this just popped into my head:
Cauldron Falls Soap Co.
I guess I'm still thinking about 'The Basin' and how much it reminded me of a witches' cauldron?

And after all, don't we all have a cauldron (soap pot) where we perform a version of alchemy (transformation of matter - alkaline with fatty acids to create a soap molecule)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've finally decided on a name - or most of it. Flip Over Soap. Now the question is should I add: Company, Soapery, Soapworks, Factory....whatever to that title? None of those particularly appeal to me because they aren't unique but I would like to have something special to end the name with.

Do you think you might end up selling more than just soap (such a lotions, bath bombs, etc.)?

I ask because a while ago I'd researched tips on naming a company, and found a suggestion not to pigeon-hole oneself by naming it X Soap Company if there would be a broad product line that includes other things. It makes sense to me, but I also don't think it's the end of the world to have a "Soap Company" that also sells, say, lotion. However, it stuck in my mind so thought I'd mention it.

(and sorry, that's not helpful at all to your recent question! o_O)

I like “Co” at the end of names, but that my personal preference. Maybe go with the legal, are you going to register as a LLC or something different? It would let those who are looking know that you are doing things correctly

You do not have to put LLC or Inc after your business if you decide to incorporate, which I would not do. Anyone that thinks there is protection with incorporation you will find there is not. I would never never incorporate again. Do not ask how I know....:(

"You do not have to put LLC or Inc after your business if you decide to incorporate, which I would not do. Anyone that thinks there is protection with incorporation you will find there is not. I would never never incorporate again. Do not ask how I know....:( "

Good, because I don't want to officially become a business (at least at this time, I have more college credits to work on this year). But sorry you know first hand why Inc-ing wasn't helpful.

"Do you think you might end up selling more than just soap (such a lotions, bath bombs, etc.)?"

Possibly, but soap is the definite. I don't mind being defined as a soap company that later adds other products.

"How's about an exclamation point? LOL I really like FLIP OVER SOAP! I wouldn't add a thing. "

Zany, I like that! My friend the hobby graphic designer is working on it right now!

Latest posts

Back