If I had wanted rice I would have ordered Chinese...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rparrny

Reaction score
I was all excited to try a tilted wall pour with my loaf mold...using a new fragrance by CC-Carribean Escape. Blended my four colors and as I was pouring, it started ricing. I used my mini mixer to smooth out the colors the best I could but each time I changed colors...more ricing, more mixing. Some of the poured batter was riced...did I ruin my loaf??:cry:

Love the topic title :)
Anyway, wait until the loaf is cut. It might be fine.
I had few loaves rice on me, but they cured fine. The only thing was that they got DOS around riced bits.
Maybe rebatch if you are not happy, it's not all lost. :)
Ever thought of testing new FOs in smaller soaps, it will save you heaps of heartache. Why I am saying this, not to be rude, but from personal experience.
I've learnt the hard way not to use new FO in 1-2kg batches because more than 50% of time, FO won't be what I expected or what reviews said it will be like.

Ever thought of testing new FOs in smaller soaps, it will save you heaps of heartache. Why I am saying this, not to be rude, but from personal experience.
I've learnt the hard way not to use new FO in 1-2kg batches because more than 50% of time, FO won't be what I expected or what reviews said it will be like.
Lesson learned...
The description said works well in CP and I believed it...I'll know better now.
Woke up this morning to find an oil slick on the top of my loaf. I'll wait a day or so, pour the oil slick off and see what happens when I cut...if I can cut. What a shame, the colors look so pretty but with black, neon pink, ultramarine blue and white, rebatching will make one butt ugly soap.

Don't pour the oil off if it doesn't re absorb. You will need that oil to rebatch.

Oh no :(
I hope it looks better today.
Yeah, I said enough is enough some time this year when highly rated OMH turned into playdough scent. It behaved lovely but scent is just way off. So I was stuck with 1kg of grated soap to use bit by bit in other soaps.

Don't pour the oil off if it doesn't re absorb. You will need that oil to rebatch.
Oh crap, I poured off the oil already...about a tablespoon. Should I put some olive oil on it to replace it...will this cause a lye issue?

Latest posts

Back