If at first you don't succeed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuneP

Reaction score
Well, after several disappointing tries, I finally got the melt and pour to keep from setting too fast. The problem was that I let it cool too much Lesson learned!
Here's a picture of my first effort at soap making. The color of the bar and one of the shell soaps isn't showing true. They're actually a very pretty pale turquoise, pale mint color. I got so excited pouring a couple of the pink shells that I forgot to add the Pikake/lavender scent!
But as soon as I free up some time, I want to do more melt and pour and other soaps. Some new colors arrived yesterday from BB, so I might try some lavender and orchid colors next. June

soap.jpg

Thanks

Thanks. I have to admit that the front looks a lot better than the backs which are a bit crinkly. I think the soap cooled a bit too much by the time I poured, or maybe it's because I melted the batch a few times. I sprayed with alcohol to get rid of bubbles, but it is not smooth at the back. So much to learn!

June

I like them very much! Being new to soaping myself, I understand the problems with MP soap. It has its advantages, but has DEFINITE limitations - - at least for me. Congrats on your first bars. They're lovely!

Back