Ideas for a bright green clear soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kniquy

Reaction score
so for my daughters birthday party we are going Moana themed (Disney movie) I want to make this green stone as a soap. I already bought a mold.

Any ideas of a good green colorant to get this bright green look? I would be added to a clear melt and pour base.

Attachments

• D403A584-FC59-4B3D-B8BE-0C887438FB67.png
    D403A584-FC59-4B3D-B8BE-0C887438FB67.png
    515.4 KB · Views: 29
If it is supposed to glow in the dark, you need some radioactive pigments. They have a more appealing name, but I can't remember what it is. I found out now, it is actually just glow in the dark pigment. Here is one link for it: https://nurturesoap.com/products/glow-in-the-dark-pigment.

Perhaps the glow in the dark effect gets stronger the more pigment you add? I think so, but I have never used such things. Maybe they send instructions on how to use it.

And then you will need neon pigment in green. Here is one: https://nurturesoap.com/products/green-neon-pigment

(Nurture soap were the first site that popped up when I googled the pigments. No other reason for linking to just them. Many other suppliers will have just the same)

You can adjust the color towards lime green by adding a pinch of yellow neon pigment. That can make it appear even brighter.
So, neon and glow in the dark, they are the two you will need for the glowing green as shown in the picture.

I think I have seen glow in the dark pigments with colors added to them, like glow in the dark green. I would not buy anything like that. Why? If you buy that, you have only glow in the dark green. But if you buy two separate pigments, you have both a universal glow in the dark and a neon pigment that can be used independent of each other. So you can make a glow in the dark in whatever color and make fresher and stronger greens by adding some neon green to whatever duller green you might have around. Or use it alone as it is. Neon pigments are nice. People make strong bright reds by mixing some red (micas and/or oxide) with neon pink. I think SoapQueen did on one of her Youtube videos.

so for my daughters birthday party we are going Moana themed (Disney movie) I want to make this green stone as a soap. I already bought a mold.

Any ideas of a good green colorant to get this bright green look? I would be added to a clear melt and pour base.
I would get some glow in the dark mica from Nurture Soap like was suggested above. You can uses a pipette to only allow the glowing soap to flow in the design. Make the rest clear green and I think you'll have it!

Back