Ideal humidity for curing location??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen74

Reaction score
What would be the ideal humidity level for your soap curing location? I know humidity is Not Good for soaps curing. I am running a dehumidifier and the humidity where my soaps are is around 42 right now with the dehumidifier going and I have a container of damprid sitting on the shelf the soaps be are on. The humidity does get down to 37 at times ( like in the night or early morning). I am just curious what the ideal humidity should be in curing location?

I don't know if there is a specific optimum range -- I haven't heard of any studies that have been done to find out.

IMO, anywhere from 20% to 80% RH works fine. I don't think there is a big issue when the relative humidity is on the low end, as long as we're talking about the humidity reduction from house dehumidifiers and air conditioners or from dry winter-time house air.

Soap tends to absorb water and gets sticky when the humidity is overly high. I'd guess that limit is about 80% RH based on my experience.

Back