Ice cream cake

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax Munky

Reaction score
It's 9:27 am on this fine Tuesday morning,Highs expected today to be 106 degrees inland.Bundle up ppl! :)
We are sooooo going to fry today and tomorrow.
Here's a cool recipe I'm sure can me modified if you prefer using a sherbet or yogurt to suit ya. 8)

Ice cream cake

8 to 12 Ice cream sandwiches
3 tubs any flavor of Cool whip
Hershey's flavored syrups,any flavor
Hershey's shell topping
Oreo cookies crushed (I luv the Double stuffed) I can't help myself :oops:
8X8 in.freezable pan Pyrex brands work great

1.)Unwrap the sandwiches line the pan with them.Gently press down to set them in place.
2.)Next top with a layer of Cool Whip
3.)Next top with your favorite syrups
4.)add a layer of crushed Oreo's
5.)Repeat steps 1 to 4
Finish it off making sure that it's finished with a layer of cool whip spread on and around if necessary to the sides.Then finally top it off with some crushed Oreo's,Hershey's shell,and chocolate syrup.
Freeze for at least 4 hours.

On a side note here,your going to have to work fast.Should it start to melt place the pan in the freezer in between making the layers.

Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.Makes it easier to cut through the layers.
Serves 9.
Enjoy!

Munky.

We've got a high of 109 today... UUUGGGHHH...112 tomorrow

That cake looks yummy!!

I love you munky....you hit the right note on that one ;)

(I LOVE ICE CREAM ANYTHING!!)

Wow that sounds awesome--now I know what I can make for dessert this weekend. Thanks for the recipe.

lollil said:
Wow that sounds awesome--now I know what I can make for dessert this weekend. Thanks for the recipe.

I should have added a warning though.It's extremely rich.
A little goes a long way. :wink:

Enjoy!

Munky.

Hi Wax Munky

I have made it at home and the taste looks just amazing..
I prepared it as you have suggested here and you know what It's really Yuuuuu....mmmyy.

Thanks for sharing the receipe,We got a new one.

I tried an ice cream cake recipe I found on the net and it came out really well. It was very easy to prepare. Here is how you do it:

Get a packet of chocolate cake mix and prepare and bake it according to the given instructions. Let the cake cool. Use ½ gallon of ice cream and cut it into half. Place it on wax paper side by side and then place the baked cake over it. Make sure that you trim the edges so that both layers are even. Now, flip the whole thing over. Cover it with wax paper and freeze before serving.

Latest posts

Back