I will NOT buy any new fragrance oils!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right there with ya girlfriend!

@Nicolesica - WOW! I would never buy such big bottles. You must make a lotta soap. I always buy a 30ml or 50ml if it's my first time buying, and then if it becomes a favourite the biggest i ever buy is 100ml. I recent just bought 2 x 100ml bottles of white tea because it's my favourite - the next size up was 500ml and I knew it would probably go off before I could use it all.
30ml = 1 ounce
50ml = 1.69 ounces
100ml = 3.38 ounces
500ml = 16.9 ounces

Lordy i hate those awful measurements y'all use - they're such odd numbers!
Agree. And the fact that we use ounces for weight and volume is just… stupid. (Yes… 1 ounce weight = 1 ounce volume is the same for water… not for oil.) I would switch to metric in a heartbeat. My daughter is a scientist and runner/rower and she just thinks and speaks in metric. (In the US but collaborates internationally.)
I measure in grams when I make soap, but in ounces when I compare prices for ingredients, because that’s what is available, generally.

Agree. And the fact that we use ounces for weight and volume is just… stupid. (Yes… 1 ounce weight = 1 ounce volume is the same for water… not for oil.) I would switch to metric in a heartbeat. My daughter is a scientist and runner/rower and she just thinks and speaks in metric. (In the US but collaborates internationally.)
I measure in grams when I make soap, but in ounces when I compare prices for ingredients, because that’s what is available, generally.
We Canadians use both! It’s really odd. we moved to metric about 50 years ago I think - but we STILL weigh our bodies in pounds and ounces although we weigh food at the grocery store in kilos and grams (grocery stores often show both metric and imperial).
Distances? Kilometres. Unless it’s a short measurement, then it’s right back to inches/feet. Temperatures? Celsius. A person’s height? DEFINITELY imperial. You could say we are weird, I like to think we are “flexible” 🤣🤣

I think the only help we can provide here is enabling. It is truly an addiction for me. Plus right now the only place I get my fragrances from is Candora (since it is in my city), and their showroom "sniffing section" is still closed to the public. So buying by descriptions is my only excuse.
I like Candora too!

Hi. I’m Nicole and I’m an addict.
Oh no I can see what I'm in for now I'm new to soaping and made my first order for like 20 different scents. I thought that was bad 😆 🤣

Hi. I’m Nicole and I’m an addict.
Sorry to say but, this thread is funny! I truly believe one MUST be a FO/EO addict in order to be a soaper. I have (almost) no control! I refuse to send pictures.........my soap room is too crowded!

So, like Nicole, I'll say:

Hi. I'm Sherry and I'm an addict.
:lol:

So... is it bad that I'm window shopping @Nicolesica's collection 😂 😂 Lavender champagne... hmmm...
The lavender champagne smells wonderful. So does the Absinthe—which was somewhat of a surprise for me

See!? THIS is why I need local soaping friends… just so we can sniff each other’s stash

OMG! You ladies are hilarious! And most of you need help! LOL but I won't enable any of you in your quest for more!

Soaping is my second hobby so it doesn't get the attention that quilting does at my house. You all would think I'm a piker if you saw my storage area for soap. I used to have one room for my quilting but then took over a second room, but will admit that was because I got a whiz bang deal on a 20 tray bakers rack a while back and didn't want to put it in the garage. I use it for both curing and storing supplies, so that's my good excuse for taking over the 2nd room. And then of course, it was a great excuse (that I had the room) to buy better deals on supplies for soaping (including lotions, shampoos, etc with that). And then reality hit! Just how many more years am I going to be quilting and soaping?

So I am going to let all of you younger people do the shopping and posting your pictures and I will shop vicariously from my computer. If I were soaping like I used to I might be right there with you...especially with the Absinthe and Champagne Lavender...they sound so yummy! but right now I'm going to wait and hope I live long enough to try them out in real time! LOL

Latest posts

Back