I want to send my soaps to people I know or who are fans of my youtube channel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah-jane

Reaction score
Can I do this and what do I need to do to protect myself? I am a Canadian from Toronto, but the first batches will be shipped from Arizona. I have my heart set on it, I don't want loads of melt and pour soap just sitting around the house that I can't use. I do intend to turn it into a business, but not yet. I already know to inform health Canada of the product type, labeling and insurance in case there is a reaction to the soap. I do not want to charge anyone money for the soap. I know this might not be according to the rules, but I have no idea where to turn since I can't find answers online. I have emails health canada to see what they say but no response. Do you give your soaps away to friends?

Last edited:
Yes, I give lots of soaps away to friends and family -- but note these are only people I know. I do not send to strangers. Include ingredient labels so those you share with can see anything they might have trouble with. Then they can fully enjoy what you have chosen to share with them :wink:

Yes, I give lots of soaps away to friends and family -- but note these are only people I know. I do not send to strangers. Include ingredient labels so those you share with can see anything they might have trouble with. Then they can fully enjoy what you have chosen to share with them :wink:

Thanks you for the kindness :)
Try speaking to the Canadian soaping guild. Would be a very good port of call

I contacted them and they did mention informing health canada about the products first and encouraged me to join and become insured, but they did not have answers about whether or not I could do it without using a separate room or commercial kitchen or if health canada needs to inspect my work station. I am willing to pay for insurance to protect myself even to just send to strangers for free, if Health Canada needs no more than the forms to be filled out.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is my plan to do just that, but the only reason I'll be giving some away is because I want some really honest, free feedback from people I know will give me their honest opinion about the quality of the product I create.

Latest posts

Back