I wanna play..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal43

Reaction score
I think it would be fun to make a kaleidoscope soap together. But the catch is ... everyone has to make their own kaleidoscope tool from scratch and then make the soap using the tool they crafted. What do you think? Does anyone wanna play?

I might be able to be talked into this. I tried making one in the past, and it was a miserable failure, mostly because I tried it in a Pringles can that leaked everywhere. Maybe I'd have better luck if I stick to my trusty PVC cylinder molds, or did a multiple kaleidoscope in a slab mold.

I might be able to be talked into this. I tried making one in the past, and it was a miserable failure, mostly because I tried it in a Pringles can that leaked everywhere. Maybe I'd have better luck if I stick to my trusty PVC cylinder molds, or did a multiple kaleidoscope in a slab mold.
I would be nice to try and experiment. We can learn from each other’s test and mistakes. Hope to have takers in this experiment.

Why don't you see if you can host one of the monthly SMF Challenges? I have no idea how hosts are chosen, but it sounds like you have a good idea that would be an interesting Challenge topic.

Why don't you see if you can host one of the monthly SMF Challenges? I have no idea how hosts are chosen, but it sounds like you have a good idea that would be an interesting Challenge topic.
Great idea!!! I’ll see who to contact.

The April SMF challenge was a pull/pour through technique. While it wasn't in the rules that the pull through tool had to be made from scratch, several people did make their own. It's not exactly the same as what you are proposing here because it wasn't limited to kaleidoscope soaps, but it's similar enough and recent enough that I am not inclined to do it as a challenge again right now. Other hosts may feel differently, that's just my 2 cents.

However, it sounds like fun and I think you should go ahead and do it with those who want to try. It's a super fun technique and makes some beautiful soaps.

Latest posts

Back