I wanna make somthing!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like I need to make something that is not bath or body related.

Last summer I crocheted purses that looked like cupcakes, last spring I made wind chimes out of old silverware & assorted kitched gadgets. Before that it was cards and mini scrapbooks tucked snuggly in altoid tins.

I feel like Ineed to streeeeeeeeeeeeeetch my creativity.... soon.
Wind Chimes
Tea Cup & Suacer Bird Feeders
Antique German Circus Poster Notecards
Altered Altoid Tin
Mini Scrapbook to go inside the Altered Tin
More German Circuse Poster cards.

So, what do I want to amek now?

Tabitha said:
So, what do I want to amek now?

A dictionary.......

ok sorry just couldn't resist.......

on a serious note what supplies do you have on hand to get creative with?

I know, You beat me to it, I was going to say a spell check function for this forum!

Odds & ends, I taught 18 single day arts & crafts summer camps for kids last year so I have all that mess left over. Lots of scrap booking *stuff*. I do a 6x6 book for each of the grandmas each Christmas so I keep pretty well stocked with those types of things.

perhaps something that all the soapers could use, I'll buy one. you have to invent it reinvent it or something. I'll try to think of something. Then again you may want to stay away from soap with this.

Since your already a pro at mixing, molding, and setting why don't you try your hand at stepping stones using concrete. You can incorporate colors, embeds, and/or molds with designs.

I posted a thread asking what everyone "does" to feed their creativity. Maybe you can get some ideas from there....Provided more people post. :lol:

This is an interesting topic. You sure have some fun-looking stuff there. When I'm bored lately, I sew aprons, designing the patterns myself. These are to wear to soap shows or to give as gifts. I love seeing a cute apron on a woman, over a pair of jeans. Gives it a bit of colorful flair.

I also LOVE to mosaic. I just coached a friend on another forum to make a mirror, on a board, and mosaic all around it. She did a fab job. I am now planning to mosaic my tiny bathroom floor.

I also love to make tiny dolls, dress them in bits of fabric; paint on outdoor tabletops. Gee, you're getting me excited to do something new. Thanks for this.

Back