I tried to make carbonara

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I failed. It didn't come together and i made pasta with scrambled eggs and pancetta. I'd show the damage but im on my phone. :(

Is this recipe right:

300g spaghetti
200g pancetta
1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
3 eggs
Salt & pepper to taste

If you put the egg in while the fettuccine is on the stove it can be too hot and the egg sometimes cooks before it has time to make a sauce. Try mixing it in at a cooler temp off the stove next time and it should work.

Last edited:
Thanks, ladies. Next time, if I feel like trying this again, I will turn off the heat and let residual heat take over. It's a little embarrassing that this happened since I've made custards and lemon curd with little problem. I couldn't help but compare this recipe with a few others- I also could have used a little more cheese.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/16855/carbonara+sauce

Bit of cream might help. This is the recipe I use.
Slightly cooler pasta and mixing in sauce of the stove also helps.
:)

Thanks. I'd have to keep that in mind for my sister (she eats no eggs unless in cakes, custards and the like). I was really aiming for making the carbonara as close to authentic as I can get (guanciale is not that easy to obtain since I don't go to italian butchers).

I had to read a number of comments to be sure you weren't making an alliteration about a soaping mistake. lol! All tips filed away for whenever carbonara finds its way here, too. :)

I had to read a number of comments to be sure you weren't making an alliteration about a soaping mistake. lol! All tips filed away for whenever carbonara finds its way here, too. :)

Yeah, notes are needed. I think carbonara is worth eating at least once. I was surprised that the pancetta didn't turn my tummy on knots like bacon normally can (I rarely throw out my kitchen fails unless it's of the quality that would be cruel to send to my worst enemy). I'm glad I can count this as a safer dish.

Latest posts

Back