i took my cp soap out of the freezer after 24 hrs and then it became mushy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moozakabooza

Reaction score
Screenshot (30).png
Screenshot (30).png
so i took my latest loaf of out of the freezer after i put it in for 24 hrs. and unmolded it and cut it.
it looked really nice and so i sat the the soap on the counter and when i came back it had just turned to mush and fallen over.
so my question is after i take it out of the freezer should i leave it on the counter for a certain amount of time to let some of the water evaporate off? or do you think its my recipe ?
thanks! heres my recipe i used

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Some fo's especially naughty floral fo's can actually reheat up after a frozen soap thaws, ask me how I know... :eek: If and when I put soap in the freezer I let it thaw completely in the mold so I can check if it is still hard, Frozen soap usually does not fully saponify so may not be set enough to take out of the mold. Posting your full recipe and method can help with troubleshooting.

Welcome to the forum. Some fo's especially naughty floral fo's can actually reheat up after a frozen soap thaws, ask me how I know... :eek: If and when I put soap in the freezer I let it thaw completely in the mold so I can check if it is still hard, Frozen soap usually does not fully saponify so may not be set enough to take out of the mold. Posting your full recipe and method can help with troubleshooting.
ok awesome! i will do that now

You can also put all the cut soap back into the mold to let it firm up again and wait another day or so before removing. I know you froze it for a reason, which was probably to avoid gel, so you probably don't want to CPOP. But cut soap that did not fully gel, can be put back into the mold, gently CPOP'd and later removed again from the mold (already cut, too.)

At the very least, if it's still mushy, I'd put it all carefully back into the mold to encourage it to straighten up some while it finishes saponifying.

Latest posts

Back