i think it gelled

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hieroglyph

Reaction score
or
I've made a lava log!

xf2g4w.jpg

uuum :shock: wow. if you intended the soap to be black as pitch then you sure accomplished it! that is some awesome lava soap!
lol, but if you didn't mean for it to be black like that, please share what you did so i dont do it too!

either way you got an amazing intense black! :D

you could save this soap for Xmas time and give it as "lumps of coal" :D

krissy said:
lol, but if you didn't mean for it to be black like that, please share what you did so i dont do it too!
:D

Same oils as this one:
33wp2fc.jpg

lard
tallow
olive
cocoa butter
castor

I used frozen coconut milk as half the water in both. Today the oils started to rice when i poured the lye. :( I panicked and tossed in the FO (bay rum).
Its cooled off now and looks tan.

I think the oil temp was too high today. shruggs

that is weird. i see them still.

@hieroglyph- did you use anything to color it black? like charcoal?

krissy said:
that is weird. i see them still.

@hieroglyph- did you use anything to color it black? like charcoal?

Nah, it just overheated

Twilitr said:
:?: idotn see black, i see a dark orange. What are you calling this one?

MaGellin
or
MaAvatar :)

Twilitr said:
:?: idotn see black, i see a dark orange. What are you calling this one?

:?: that is so weird! i see pitch black with not a hint of any other color...? :D

I see orange also...I could not figure out what people were talking about seeing black. lol This is so strange.

so is it really black or is it orange? i wonder why half of us see pitch black and half see orange.... :wink:

Its probably the color settings on our monitors! Pretty strange . . . makes ya wonder how many other times we've all been seeing different colors on this photo gallery!!!!

that is weird cuz when i put up pics, i see the same color as the soaps are, no matter the computer.
i wonder how many times we *think* something is so beautiful and the colors are amazing and yet the poster is complaining about them if we are all seeing something that isn't really there color wise... :shock:

Latest posts

Back