I think I'm the youngest person here...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose I should take out each and every claim in my contract. I suppose I could just sell it as scented slime and nothing more.
Good idea! We're not trying to scare you or anything, but the fact of the matter is this is how the world of business works.

Jessica that is super cool! And welcome!

I hope you and your parents figure out what works. Don't get discourage! Just research what they said here.

I have decided to take out every claim, whether it be vague or specific, to ensure I don't encounter a meeting with the FDA in court. I'll just point clients to various websites that talk of scents that help certain things. They can make a custom order and I'll provide. This way I have no clue of what they think the slime will do, and I'm not liable. They simply say, "Hey, I want some of your Pumpkin Chai Latte slime." I'll write down the ingredients, make sure they aren't allergic and I'll have the paper signed by parents saying that they are aware of the natural ingredients. I hand them the slime, they give me $2.00. It's cheap so they aren't spending $5-$10 on something they won't be able to use (only if worse comes to worse). If the slime becomes unusable (due to age or condition), they can give me another $2.00 and they'll receive more slime and care instructions. I offer a sort of slime hospital. I can get the slime they had back from them, add whatever it needs to fix it, tell them what I used, have another waiver signed, and give it back to them.

Simple as that, no claims, no laws to worry about, no allergies, no suing (from parents or FDA), no nothing.

Scented slime they ordered. I put the recipe o file and offer it to other clients. I make no claims to what it might do. I repeat the process.

I love what you’re doing Jessica, I agree to be careful about claims, but I don’t want you to fear being such a wonderful entrepreneur. I would just keep researching what you can and can’t do. Check out articles on the FDA, I think Brambleberry posted one a few years ago about an in home small business entrepreneur that the FDA came knocking on her door. It was informative.

Keep up the awesome work!

Latest posts

Back