I think I made a Van Gogh soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
....it's that colorful, a friend suggested it looks like a Van Gogh painting....

It's an essential oil combo of lavender (blue)/bay(green)/lemongrass(orange) and litsea cubeba. I wanted to use 5X lemon but am out of it at the moment.

BayLemonSoap.JPG

I'm going to name this one: 'Sunset by the Bay'

I like!!! :) and perfect a name too!!!

Ive never smelled the scent of litsea c. yet... :) its on my list for certain!! :)

blue oxide powder is what I used for the deep blue. I add 1 TBSP to a cup of lightly traced soap, then stir it back into the pot just a few times before pouring into mold.

Van Gooh maybe but pretty all the same congrats on very nice soap.Wish I could sniff it.

I would say it smells lemony-spicy, with a hint of spearmint! (a surprise to me). I suspect it's the bay, mixing with the sweet lavender. I really love this one.

pretty, i dont like lav, but lemongrass is fabo, what do they smell like together????

I don't sell online, cuz I really, really, really......really, really, really...... dislike wrapping and posting soaps in the mail. Really!

but if you live anywhere near me, drop by and I'd be happy to sell you a bar for $5 or so. My wholesale account in town sells them for $6.95 + 13% tax = $7.80

but if someone makes it all the way to my door, or to a show or artists' tour I happen to be on, I'm happy to oblige.

Latest posts

Back