I think I have the PVC mold down pretty good so far

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaysoap

Reaction score
Now I am going to see if I can do a swirl in the mold. The bar on the right is a rebatch. I don't mind the look of it so much as far a rebatching goes.[i
Brickloop008.jpg
mg][/img]
Brickloop009.jpg

Michael,

I agree you have the PVC mold thing down pat! What is the soap on
the left?

Those soaps look very nice. What do you use at the bottom of the mold? is there some kind of plug or something you can buy? Also, do you line the mold with anything to help the soap slip out?

Oh and also, how long of a tube can you use?

bumping, I'm curious to know this, too...? I have a PVC pipe to be used for a mold and I haven't used it yet because I don't know what to line it with or how to get it out.

Missjulesdid said:
Those soaps look very nice. What do you use at the bottom of the mold? is there some kind of plug or something you can buy? Also, do you line the mold with anything to help the soap slip out?

Oh and also, how long of a tube can you use?

I use old laminated posters, cut down to fit to line the pipe. As for the end, you can get end caps for PVC. I cut a round out of the poster to pop in the end and I ALWAYS tape the cap to the pipe. Don't think it won't fall off, because belive me, they aren't always as secure as you think they are. A 2kg batch of raw soap is not the easiest thing to clean off the kitchen benches, the floor, yourself... :oops:

When it's time to unmold, you just slide the poster-wrapped soap out, unroll it from the poster and there you go, too easy!

This is how I have been doing mine. I use about 18" of 2" PVC. I put a 2" cap on the end of it. The cap is rounded so you have to prop it up. I have been using the RTCP for most of the batches which may help with removing it. I then shortining the mold. I know this seems wrong but it has worked and it may work without it. One my soap has set up for 24 hrs. I put it in the freezer for 3-4 hrs. From here I put it out on the counter until the mold gets good and sweaty (20 mins) but, don't wait too long or it is a beast to get out without re-freezing.

To re-move I use a 1.5" piece of PVC with the 1.5" rounded cap on the end. This fits nicely into the 2" mold. I stand it up straight, grip the mold with a dry cloth and pull down.At times it comes out easy, at times it's a mini work out. You have to use your weight to help pull it down, but with continuous pressure it will come.

Nothing fancy but it does work. If you all want me to send pictures, let me know. Hope this helps some of you all as you have help me.

Thanks Becky and SeaySoap, you guys have answered my questions. I think I'll be ready to put a batch in my PVC mold soon. :)

I'm still a little nervous, but who isn't the first time...

Latest posts

Back