I think I found my people......

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You poor unfortunates - The Admirable Lady sent me a message today that the supermarket has another full box of Coconut oil (about 12kgs) and if I want her to get it for me she will. So glad I married her!

Your wife is super hot. :)

Your wife is super hot. :)

Tell me about it! Plus, she's often the one who tells me to go and make soap so she has some more for birthday presents.

"No, I'll do the shopping, you need time to make the soap." - I am more than a little blessed.

Sorry for the hijack.

Yep, you are blessed! But, I have to confess that my dear hubby pointed out in the grocery store that the 8 lb tub of lard was cheaper per pound than the 4 lb ones I have been been buying. I gave him a huge hug right in the grocery store! He was sort of confused, but took the hug right in stride.

Strangely, at my local Wal Mart, the tiny tubs of lard are often cheaper per pound than the bigger ones. No idea why. I was buying the big ones assuming they were a better buy until I did the math. So now I have a bunch of teensy 2 lb tubs vs the 4 lb tubs.

On the side note of the significant others, mine bugs me to make stuff so he's on board. But darn he wanted a coffee soap. I don't drink the stuff, I'm a dainty tea drinker myself, (LOL) but I finally caved and just made a coffee soap. Looks cute but wow what a smell. Those Colombians know their stuff. I am hoping the smell settles down, since now my shower will smell like coffee all winter. UGH.

I must have the bug too. "two lb tubs" and I thought masterbatch! DW is on board with me too and it's great. Look at those cooling racks ($8.00) for a three stack that's 6" tall. And "Look! there's a gallon of pomace olive oil!"

Gotta love it!

Welcome to a much more experienced soaper than I!
Steve

Latest posts

Back