I swear...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smellitlikeitis said:
Wow CP :shock: Wow. And I live in Northern California :?
I think about it often.. Moving F A R F A R AWAY!
I have mentioned it to my kids very often. New friends, New environment.

New everything.. A new start.

Is it so wrong that I just dislike some of my family. I think my aunt is the only one I can really talk to. I have an uncle who lives walking distance from my house that I only see once a year. Christmas. I have a cousin 10 mins away and the only time she calls is when she needs something.. money, food, etc.
I stopped talking to her. I put this voicemail on my phone basically saying if you dont get a call back Im ignoring you.
My family hates the message and many times have told me its rude and I need to change it.

If I pay the bill
If its my house and my phone..
guess whay
IT FREAKIN STAYS!

CP sometimes crappy parents.. make wonderful kids!

That is what I did. Moved the hell away as soon as I could. My family is so much easier to tolerate at a distance. Some are even easier to love. I've never regretted it and I've never looked back. I've kept contact with those that mattered. Those that did not, I mentally wished them well, and then said GOOD RITTANCE!

I love that message on your voice mail. I think that it is a hoot. roflmao. Good for you for having the guts to do it. Families. Can't live with them. Can't shoot them. But you can move. :lol:

dragonfly princess said:
I try not to think about my childhood, it was pretty bad! Anyway, I truely believe that what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger! I hope that helps!!

If I would have had a normal, brady bunch childhood, I would be a sweet little, quiet, pleasant person. ew ew ew !!!!

I'm sorry to hear that but I can so relate. The good thing is, you now have a great deal of control over your personal happiness. And like you said, it made you what you are today. It made me a fighter and survivor. For that I am thankful.

WOW I am humbled by the strength of all you ladies (and gentlemen) I have family issues too, but most of my issues are removed. Kudos to you for moving forward in the face of adversity.

Smelli, this may or may not make you feel any better, but I was talking with my mother recently about my father (the dog) who continually calls and blames her for my brothers mistakes etc. My mother raised us from very young (dad left when I was 3) And yes she has to take credit for my brother (and my) mistakes and bad behaviour, but she gets to take credit for the good stuff as well.
You are doing alot more than most women I know and well (I've tried your stuff). One day (and it won't be tomorrow or anytime soon) your "children will arise and call her blessed" -(Prov.31) You're teaching them valuable lessons right now and that's a very gooding reason to take a bow.

CP What can I say? You are still alive and sane! You have learned to take lemons and make lemonade.

Pepper, The sandwich generation sucks! Taking care of kids and parents, but again your children are learning that you care and they will take care of you when you need them. Human nature dictates that we want what we don't have. I am willing to bet though that if you ever get ill or something like that, those kids would move heaven and earth to make sure their mama is with them.

You all need to take a bow

APPLAUSE

Latest posts

Back