I suppose I ought to introduce myself

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! My name is Lisa. I've been making soap officially since January. For a good year-ish before making soap I read and read and researched, and researched some more. Years ago I developed my own face cream, sold it to a CBD supplier who wanted to start making CBD beauty products. While buying supplies to make lotion, I bought some sodium hydroxide, but just never worked up the courage to make soap. Note: I don't find lotion-making to be nearly as interesting as making cp soap. I only make it when my parents run out of what I make for them. :D

At the end of last year I once again found myself thinking about making soap. I worked up the courage to make a batch, realized that it would be a wonderful creative outlet, and, with my background having made and marketed the lotion, pretty much dug in. I have a sales and marketing background. I'm also in the process of getting my project management certification. I have a 17 year-old daughter (she is a senior in high school), two dogs, been married for 24+ years, a pet mouse (he's endlessly entertaining and resourceful), grew up outside of Buffalo, NY, lived in Boston for a spell, and currently reside in southern California.

I'm a voracious reader, LOVE to cook and bake, am curious about lots of things, and generally a friendly, highly sociable person. I do not know a single person in my life who makes soap, and my family got tired of me talking about soap, which brings me here. I'm here to learn, share my experiences, and channel my soapy thoughts here, rather than at the dinner table. I think that's about it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back