I screwed up...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spenny92

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago, I tried to make a raspberry tea soap. It turned brown/orange and the scent doesn't match the colour at all. So I ordered some sweet orange EO and pink clay, and tried to make it again yesterday. I used paprika to colour the main part of the soap. I took a couple of table spoons of liquid oil (from the amount I had weighed out for the oils) and mixed 1 tsp paprika, along with the EO. Mixed this into the batter. Then, I thought I'd try and get a wee bit fancy and try an ITP swirl. Again, took a couple table spoons of oil, mixed some pink clay, raspberry FO and tea leaves in and (here's where I went wrong...) swirled this into the soap batter.

Now I've realised that I should have portioned the soap batter and added the pink colour, then swirled it in. I literally just swirled through some coloured oil... So, I know that I've screwed up but the question is, how badly? Luckily, it was a small batch and I'm planning on trying it again today. I haven't cut the soap yet, it's still chilling out in it's mould as it's not quite firm enough yet.

Oh, that's good to hear! Maybe it's not a doomed soap, after all. I just cut it and it's not horrendous, but not what I had pictured hah.

Latest posts

Back