I quit.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have about a pound of CA and 15 pounds of NaOH. So master batching sodium citrate would be great. It didn't occur to me to boil off the water and leave just the powder. I'm going to have to go buy a Bunsen burner and some beakers or something and turn my kitchen into a mad scientist's lab. What do you call those glass jar things that are round with the neck sticking out of them? I could get a few of those and some rubber tubing to catch the evaporating water and reuse it...My neighbors will really think I'm cooking meth if I do that. Maybe make some stink bombs and a few minor explosions. Hmmm. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Those are called roundbottom flasks if I understood your explanation correctly. Sounds like fun!

I picked up 2 graduated cylinders, an Erlenmeyer flask, a roundbottom flask and a volumetric flask for $5 at my local "repurpose project" They cleaned up nice!

Yup! That's it!! OH MY GOSH. I am so gonna blow up my house...

image.jpg

I have a sad obsession with lonely unused scientific glassware. I find it beautiful and it was always being thrown out at work as the chemistry department shrunk and the ecological modelling group grew. Chemistry is expensive and sitting in front of a computer isn't. I have loads of stuff I rescued from the skip. What I wouldn't give for a magnetic stirrer and some fleas though......

Latest posts

Back