I need math help! How many lbs of soap for 100 4 oz bars?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
I need to make 100 4 oz. bars for a wholesale account. The soaps are being made with concentrated soap nuts liquid in place of the water (yes I've tested it, and the soap turned out great).

The customer is supplying me with the soap nuts to use for the soap. They want to know how much soap nuts I'll need to make 100 bars of soap.

All I really need to figure out is how much water is in the recipe for 100 4 oz. soaps that are 3" round and 1" thick. Then I'll be able to figure out how many soap nuts I'll need to make the concentrate. (I'm doing this CP by the way, with a 33% lye solution).

I know this is probably very easy for some of you to figure out, but I'm way too tired and am horrible with math as it is.

I've never based my batch size on the the number of bars I wanted to get at the end before.

Help??

TIA! :)

100 4oz bars should be 25lbs of soap... But without a recipe we will not know how much water you will need :)

Back