I need a scent suggestion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opalgirl

Reaction score
I'm making a carrot and coconut milk bar and have no idea what to scent it with. I already have a coconut scent in my line. I will be using pureed carrots for the color. I'm thinking something light and that could be year round.
Thanks!
Opalgirl

I have never used carrots in soap yet, but I use them a lot in cooking; they have quite a nice aromatic quality. Does it last in soap?

If it does, combined with the coconut it would be complemented by a LITTLE star anise and some tangerine.

Alternatively, you could go exotic and use ambar and vetiver.

Just some thoughts

I agree with those, and suggest citrus flavors. Orange would be good, and of course the tangerine. Add in a touch of patchouli to anchor it maybe.

carebear said:
curry :wink:

I would be tempted to eat it! I love curry.

I have a regular soap that I make colored with carrot juice and scented with Mango Sorbet from WSP.

IrishLass :)

I actually leave my tomato facial soap unscented. But maybe Instant Karma from The Scent Works? It's a dupe of Lush's Karma and is TDF.

I actually leave my tomato facial soap unscented. But maybe Instant Karma from The Scent Works? It's a dupe of Lush's Karma and is TDF.

I consider myself a pretty studied soaper and when I saw TDF, I was like what is that? Some ingredient that I've never heard of?? LOL

Lots of good ideas folks! Thanks!

Ha! Silly me - I really should type out things like To Die For, but since I cannot type out Kitten Love I tend to use abbreviations for everything!

Carrots make me think of something spicy, like ginger or allspice. Haven't quite figured the coconut yet.

I have never used carrots in soap yet, but I use them a lot in cooking; they have quite a nice aromatic quality. Does it last in soap?
I wouldn't say carrot soap smells like carrots, however it's got delicious sweet smell to it.

Btw, I only used carrot juice, didn't want any puree floating around me in the bathtub. I left half of batch unscented, but besides the other dozen ingredients, I strongly feel the carrots have an important contribution to the wonderful scent.

I actually leave my tomato facial soap unscented.
What colour does it have ?

I've made carrot soap before and scented it with Sweet Pea. It just didn't quite work. I use organic baby food and it turns to liquid when the lye hits it. No pieces of carrot. That would be gross LOL! I was thinking spicy as well. I looked at the Instant Karma and I have most of the essential oils of that scent so I might start blending tonight :)

Back