I messed up........

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallerygirl

Reaction score
:cry: I made 4 batches of soap yesterday. 3 of them came out lovely. The last one I made, when I went to unmold, I noticed it was way soft. Cut it up and shelved it. Laid down to take a nap and it hit me what I did wrong. I had doubled the batch (I did Paul's 100% coconut with the lye discount), I had doubled the coconut oil, but forgot to double the water and lye. sigh. Lesson learned, slow down. The really sad part of this, I swirled this batch and the swirl came out remarkable. I had done a coffee fo and divided the batch and put cocoa in 1/2, then swirled it. It smells wonderful, almost good enough to eat :wink: dang.

and lose my swirls.......... :( Okay, okay...I hate to waste, so I guess I will have to rebatch. Oh, Paul............?????

If you are sure that is it, yea, just add the needed lye and water and rebatch. Better to loose beautiful swirls than to loose all that coconut oil and FO's! I've made mistakes like that too, :roll: well not that one, but have forgot to put in my scents more than once. :oops: A nice pretty swirled greenish batch that was supposed to be "Green Irish Tweed" turned out to be "green & Natural unscented soap! :lol:

Paul... :wink:

:lol: Thanks Paul. I have not rebatched before. Am I just remelting and then adding the missing lye and water. Yeah, I am positive that is what I did. Bummer. k

I know this is an older post, but I made the same mistake, only backwards I guess you could say...made a recipe with lots of different oils and forgot to add one....

so can i rebatch and just add the missing oil?

Geesh, I wish I could answer you. I would think so tho. My soap ended up fine when I rebatched. Good luck to you. k

Latest posts

Back