I messed up big time!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetoe

Reaction score
Hi, wanted to get some feedback. The other day I made a 100% coconut oil soap recipe that I use quite often. Normally I superfat @ 20%. Well today I'm cleaning the soap station and the soap drippings are like concrete. I'm like "hmm" thats weird. I went back and looked at my print out and sure enough, super fat was @ 5% lol. Can this soap be used for anything or is it trash?

Cliffnotes :
I made a 100% CO soap with 5% SF and I'm not sure what to do with it.

If you think the soap will be too drying for your skin, you can always re-batch and add a little more oil.

Hi, wanted to get some feedback. The other day I made a 100% coconut oil soap recipe that I use quite often. Normally I superfat @ 20%. Well today I'm cleaning the soap station and the soap drippings are like concrete. I'm like "hmm" thats weird. I went back and looked at my print out and sure enough, super fat was @ 5% lol. Can this soap be used for anything or is it trash?

Cliffnotes :
I made a 100% CO soap with 5% SF and I'm not sure what to do with it.

If it were me, I would re-batch it and add the additional SF.

My brother is a mechanic and has a hard time with grease. How would this work for really greasy hands?

Latest posts

Back